Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help Needed!!!

Options
  • 30-04-2005 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

hello gents,

my mothers skoda octavia started acting very strange this morning, a warning light came on and teh car now appears as if its only firing on 3 cylinders, the prob is that i cant see how to remove the spark plugs i have the engine cover etc off but rather than a standard old distributer cap and a set of leads it has some fancy electronic setup, has anyone ever managed to change these themselves as with the bank holiday weekend the service dept is closed. i just cant see how they come out and i dont want to force anything

thanks in advance

TL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

If it's the same as skoda felicia, I Know and it's easy. I see your on line now. describe the set up now.....going to bed soon
    t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

i removed the engine cover and next to the oil input there are 4 modules ina line each with a set of wires attached to them, they appear to clip into a frame but do not look to be attached to it apart from the wires being tied in for convenience, ive tried pulling them out but they wont budge and i dont want to apply too much force

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

What warning light? Does the handbook give any info on this?

It is basically a VW engine, so there should be lots of info available if you google it and find an owners forum.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Sorry mate ...different set-up. Felicia has a long aluminium "bar" with a low voltage connection that pushes directly onto plugs. The bar is the coil and is secured in place by 2 allen bolts to the block.
    Sorry I can't help
    t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

already searched cant find what i need, the warning light refers to something being wrong with the intake etc and the engine will basically run underperformed the manual is very scant about this but i can feel its off balance as its not firing on all 4

• Advertisement
Advertisement