Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB fees

Options
  • 30-04-2005 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

With all their talk of their free banking to switcher people, I am fumning this morning. I was charged €40 for my Jan-March banking. I have their loyality account.

Is it possible to reduce this down to a resonable level at all, or will I have to switch banks? Any info would be great.

I think its unfair to continue to ride their existing customers in fvour of blow ins who will never be charged fees.

opinions please.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

AFAIK existing PTSB customer must convert their account into a PTSB Switch account to get the free fees. Give them a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I can't see them allowing someone just change account like that. There must be some catch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bobby247

I have been with the Bank of Ireland almost eight years now. Every personal account statement there is about 120 euro in charges which seems kinda crazy, as I have no idea what the charges are for.

I know a manager quite well in the TSB I might give them a call Monday morning. Will let you know how I get on.

Is there no independent Irish websites with advice on banking in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I had the same question and rang the PTSB switcher people. They said that current customers could switch to the new account, but also said something about having to talk to my branch.

If you talk to them and tell them you're thinking of switching banks they should defo sort you out - they're on a drive to get customers, not shed their current ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Information and surveys on banking charges available here: Irish Financial Services Regultory Authority

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

That 40 sounds like government stamp duty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

That 40 sounds like government stamp duty?
    God no!

Its account maintence, atm charges, DD fees, laser fees etc.

It would be great to switch but I can't see them letting me away with fees which is an important revenue stream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

Bond-007 wrote:
    I can't see them allowing someone just change account like that. There must be some catch.

i know a guy who had a normal current account with ptsb, he just went down to his branch and opened one of those switcher accounts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Its amazing what the sight of a cold shower and do to people! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

for TSB account check with them that if you maintain a credit balance of over €1000, the fees will be wiped/reduced (not a publicised perk!!!)

hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

I have a Current account with TSB for about 6 years and get and statement each quarter, on it I can see the charges for that quarter and also I see a refund for them

I get paid into the account and have a loan with them so that could be a reason why I do not get charge for it.

I do not have more than 100 or 200 before pay day at the start of the last week of the month.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

bobby247 wrote:
    Is there no independent Irish websites with advice on banking in Ireland?
    Try Askaboutmoney.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,893 ✭✭✭JDxtra

bobby247 wrote:
    I have been with the Bank of Ireland almost eight years now. Every personal account statement there is about 120 euro in charges which seems kinda crazy, as I have no idea what the charges are for.

So you are telling me you are paying BOI €120 in charges (per quarter I assume) and you don't know what it's for??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

My God! No wonder banks chance their arms with charges if there are suckers out there who sit back and swallow such huge charges without question!

I've never paid more than €15 per quarter in charges... and even that annoys me!

jdempsey wrote:
    No wonder banks chance their arms with charges if there are suckers out there who sit back and swallow such huge charges without question!

Thats not a very friendly thing to call someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

It might not be friendly - but it's the truth
    Most banks don't work for the customer - they work for the shareholder.

Ppl allow the banks to charge them for saying hello.
    Irish ppl are just too lazy to switch accounts.

BOI sent me out a letter saying they were closing my grad account
    and I was gonna be charged 28c per transaction or 11.40 per 1/4

I closed this and started to use my EBS account for day to day banking
    for a saving of 45.6e per year, I can live with only using a Ebs card instead of a laser.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,893 ✭✭✭JDxtra

tom-thebox wrote:
    Thats not a very friendly thing to call someone.

I stand by my statement. At least it might be a wake up call for him - and encourage him to question the charges and possibly shop around for a better service.

jdempsey wrote:
    I stand by my statement. At least it might be a wake up call for him - and encourage him to question the charges and possibly shop around for a better service.

Or just make people think your rude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Gegerty

Can anyone tell me Is there a charge if you use your ATM cards on BOI or AIB ATM machines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

unless you've got the free banking or a student a/c there are charges for using your atm.

I have no complaints about pTSB > cept they offer nothing for students

Advertisement