Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Batman Begins trailer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Pant grabingly goooood :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Love the last bit...

Wayne: "Guy dresses up like a Bat....clearly has issues".

hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

"Hes here"
    "Who....The Batman?"

Very Cool!! Gotham looks amazing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah really looking forward to this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Ditto. That is an unbelievable cast line-up for any film, let alone a comic-book film. Fingers crossed they've done a good job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

After the other things which i wouldnt even call movies i had zero hopes of this until i seen trailer before HHGTTG today, wow looks v good.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

hmmn first time iv seen the new batmobile,
    pretty ****ty looking car.....

film overall lokks deadly tho :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Chalk wrote:

film overall lokks deadly tho :D

I think the batmobile looks amazing...they wanted to make a car that superhero might really drive...in the real world. Thats why its an armoured car, they also said that it will evolve along with batman and during the other films it will become more sleek and less bulky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Chalk wrote:
    I think it looks good actually, very chunky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭the jew

when will it be out in ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

not sure about Ireland, but i think June 17 here in America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

anyone got a download link for that trailer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

weemcd wrote:
    anyone got a download link for that trailer?

http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/batman_begins/batman_begins-tlr4a_m480.mov
    the jew wrote:
    when will it be out in ireland?

26th June.

thankin you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

I can't wait for this to come out here in the states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

is it my imagination or is the guy in that clip who says "its him.......the bat man", the actor out of 28 days later and intermission - cillian murphy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Yup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

ferdi wrote:
    is it my imagination or is the guy in that clip who says "its him.......the bat man", the actor out of 28 days later and intermission - cillian murphy?
    Yes it is. He plays the Scarecrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Yes it is. He plays the Scarecrow.
    And a damn fine job he'll do too.

The car is a lot less phallic than its previous incarnations have been... im not too sure on it though, ill see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Rhyme wrote:
    The car is a lot less phallic than its previous incarnations have been... im not too sure on it though, ill see.
    My god, I never noticed how horribly phallic the bat-mobile was in the other films until you pointed it out.

• Advertisement

I’m not to sure about the scene with (Morgan freeman?) when they are looking at the gadgets, its all a bit Q-James Bond/ Green Goblin - Spiderman for my liking, i would of preferred if they had of thought of a better way of introducing Bruce to his gadgetry.

Crucifix wrote:
    My god, I never noticed how horribly phallic the bat-mobile was in the other films until you pointed it out.
    Aye, even the machismo, leather, and beating up of bad guys doesnt satisfy Bruce Wayne's ego... he's almost as bad as the guy in Wacky Races with the penile-mobile. But he's one of the best super heroes ever regardless.

Watched the trailer again as it doesnt work in college... very nice, its the one thats i saw at Hitchikers'... even though its not even a shade of the older models... the car is very baddass.

Looking forward to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Rhyme wrote:
    Aye, even the machismo, leather, and beating up of bad guys doesnt satisfy Bruce Wayne's ego... he's almost as bad as the guy in Wacky Races with the penile-mobile. But he's one of the best super heroes ever regardless.

What are you talking about, man? Batman (or Bruce, depending on how you look at it) just bought his way into Superhero-status. It's disgraceful when you think you much trouble Superman and Spiderman (coming from a different planet and getting bitten by a radioactive spider respectively) had to go to to earn the rank. Batman is just a big phony!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

What are you talking about, man? Batman (or Bruce, depending on how you look at it) just bought his way into Superhero-status. It's disgraceful when you think you much trouble Superman and Spiderman (coming from a different planet and getting bitten by a radioactive spider respectively) had to go to to earn the rank. Batman is just a big phony!
    Because of course the years of guilt, anguish, pain, and intense training count for nothing...

All those Superheroes got their powers pretty much automatically... as you mentioned being bitten by the spider, being from Krypton etc... Batman had to put a lot of hard graft into his 'powers'... he's just a man at the top of his game. Clarke kent and Peter parker probably dont as much as do any kind of training.

Batman = Baddass

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=252253
    D-Generate wrote:
    Oh yeah he just bought his way in to it. :rolleyes:
    The dude saw his parents being shot infront of his eyes then studied like a madass in the sciences and in the martial arts. Left his hometown to travel the world working like a beast for his teachers. Became not only an Olympic class athlete but also one of the greatest minds in detective and forensics on Earth. All while increasing the size of WayneTech industries drastically.
    Yeah he didn't do a drop of work, he just bought it all.

to spudington16 i would say

PWND

Advertisement