Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gates and Awnings...

Options
  • 30-04-2005 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know where I can get a set of metal front garden metal gates ( you know the type mock Victorian ) prices etc.

Also I'm sort of toying with the idea for putting an awning out the back of the house over the decking, has anybody had any experience?.
    What sort of prices would you be looking at?, an recommendations?.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

B&Q have metal gates for 8Ft gap costing €150.
    Basic ornate style

Redman

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

I put in a very nice set in my last house, 10 foot gap and , 3 foot at the side rising to 4 foot at the center. Cost me a grand.. but the were very good quality. Work out what you want before hand and have a drawing as well as measurements. They will do anything you can draw. Check out the yellow pages for an iron works and see what they will charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Lads if ya know anybody in a metal trade they will make what ya want for alot less than what companies are charging. I used to make gates for at least half of what people were being charged by firms thas specalise in gates and railings

Advertisement