Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scaffold Giving Me jip!

Options
  • 30-04-2005 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Got my scaffold done last August and since then ive gotten blowouts one around the top and one on the bottom and its still not fully healed! At the moment it Hurts like hell im not really using saline solution anymore but i disinfect it every day and night with savalon spray! My Question is i guess whether i should take more care of it or is there something else wrong here? And Also is there anything to help get rid of blowouts?Anyones help here would be appreciated! thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I say talk to your piercer. They'll advise you best. To be honest I'm not sure what you mean by blowouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭JoeKelly

Hmm Yea could go that spose! Blowouts- just little lumps near the hole usually get them with cartlige.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Maybe one of the piercings has migrated or is pierced at an incorrect angle causing pressure on the other.

Either way go back to your piercer and get a professional analysis

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

My scaffold was giving me awful jip after I had it in after a year and a half. My piercer to me to pick up some Arnica from my local nature shop and that sorted me out grand. Works like zinc as in it helps the body to heal up better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭JoeKelly

Thanks man im headin straight down to the health shop! Hope it works sick of this sore ear but iv had it this long so im reluctant to get rid of it as this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

That's not a blow out, it's a keloid. Blow outs happen when you force a large piece of jewellery through a hole too small and cause the fistula to be popped out to the outside (sorry if I sound anally retentive!).

Keloiding with cartilage is usually becase the barbell is putting pressure or friction on the piercing, your piercer should have a look, it might just be a case of putting a longer barbell in or having one bent to suit your ear better. Salt soaking and giving it a massage daily with vit E oil can also be a big help in reducing scarring.

Advertisement