Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Timing belt 4 megane (low cost repair)m

Options
  • 30-04-2005 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi all. I was hoping someone would be able to help me. I have a 1996 renault megane coupe and am looking for the cheepest place to get the timing belt change. I am living in galway. Can anyone help? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Any decent non-franchise garage can do a timing belt no trouble, buy the belt from Renualts part desk or you may be lucky with a motor factor (some do proper parts rather than selling fancy tat!).

Mike.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

The timing belt might only cost about 5-15 quid.

Labour is the problem, its a big job 2-3 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭crang

Thanks guys. Any idea how much it should cost me. |Things are tight at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

An independent garage would charge about 50 euro an hour I'd say. Best thing to do is ask but if the job needs doing then it needs doing. Dont risk a belt snapping as that will be big money.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭crang

Thanks Mike. I will check it out. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement