Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry, Siemens SK65 and Vodafone

Options
  • 30-04-2005 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭

Let me tell you my friend's problem.

He's gone and bought an SK65, SIM-free. IT has blackberry support 'builtin'.

Vodafone the operator he is more-or-less committed to, offers blackberry service, so, he thought, it would be easy to get blackberry working on his shiny new phone.

But Vodafone doesn't support the SK65. I suspect the reason is commercial rather than technical, because Vodafone aren't doing that much business with Siemens nowadays by the looks of things.

So Vodafone won't switch on blackberry service for him. I appreciate that they would find it difficult to support a phone the staff haven't been trained on. But it's a little hard to see how that it is fair to completely lock Siemens out of the marketplace in this way.

So how can we get around this? Would it help if we were to borrow a Blackberry 7100 somewhere and tell vodafone that we wanted the service? Would they switch the service on then? And would it work?

Antoin.

Advertisement