Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was/is your favourite Final Fantasy

Options
  • 30-04-2005 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I recently installed Zsnes (snes emulator) and tried Final fantasy II. Now I never got into these games but I must say I tried FF2 for a few hours and now it won't leave go. The storyline is quite nice. While it won't beat Ultima VII's I think it's a nice change and there is a nice fancy fighting system in there... and for 1991-2... it's an amazing game.

Now, where would FF2 rate in the scheme of this huge saga that goes up to XII at the moment? I heard FF3 is good. But I'll see how FF2 pans out... time permitting.

Anyway, let me know what ye think is your favourite or nostagic pink-shades version?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

you might check out the final fantasy forum over here theres a discussion about this sort of stuff over there atm

personally i find FFII hits a wall after a while and the gaps in difficulty between dungeons is ridiculous

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

FF2 on the Snes was actually an dreadful english translation of the japanese FFIV easy type. Loved the game myself. A very simple RPG but great fun. Also FF3 on the Snes is actually FF6, a game that is as good as the legendary FFVII.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I would kill to see a next-gen remake of FFVI :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

grimloch wrote:
    you might check out the final fantasy forum over here theres a discussion about this sort of stuff over there atm

personally i find FFII hits a wall after a while and the gaps in difficulty between dungeons is ridiculous

Thanks grimloch I will check it. Jez, these FF versions really mixed up over platforms didn't they! Actually The UnderDogs site has a review of a freeware remake (rehash) of FF using Rpg Maker 2000.

Advertisement