Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blade Trinity

• 30-04-2005 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

IMO this sequel didn't stand up to the previous movies.

I know why is he bring this movie back up?

I was just watching "Popcorn" on TV3 and it said that Wesley Snipes was currently sueing the Producers for throwing the script and cast at him.

Funny I thought he produced the film too.

But I have to agree will Wesley on this on:-

1. Whistler (Kris Kristofferson(sp?)) should not have been killed off.
    2. Ryan Renolds Character should never have got to the screen, I think it was a case of how many bad one liners can you give a character.
    3. Jessica Beil's character was just brought in for PG audience .
    4. the script and look of the film looked as though the Producers wanted a PG rating.

Was David S. Goyer happy with the final version of this movie?

I mean the idea of these three film being a Triology is out of this world.

I hope Wesley wins his case.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

you can make all the points you want but the film can be more easily summed up by saying it was crap in almost every single way and that the worst thing was that after being bombarded by stupid mobile phone ads before the film you are bombarded with stupid Apple ads during the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I was never a huge fan of the Blade movies, but I found them entertaining.

I thought Trinity was a load of crap really, to sum it up. I did like Ryan Reynolds though, but more so then other newer actors hes definately one of those "Like him/hate him" kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

So we can all agree that it was a crap movie, but what are ur thoughts on Wesley Snipes Sueing?

Also popcorn seem to think it was a good movie??????

I am just a big fan of the previous two movies and was totally disappointed by this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You can read my review of Blade Trinity here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

The wrestling references in the movie were worse then the Appale adds... **** movie...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Just watched it an hour ago. Terrible stuff. No point in going into details why, I don't want to relive it.

I watched it after my senses had been dulled by the fit-enducing post production on Man on Fire, which made it even worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I just watched it yesterday.

It was pretty terrible. I just really didn't care about anyone in the film and found the whole affair rather boring.

The iPod stuff was absoultely horrible.. what were Apple thinking? They're usually not that blatent... I was thinking of buying a new iPod.. but this film has made me feel sick...

I had no idea that the big lummox was a wrestler... and couldn't understand why they had this strange out of place fight scene that completely broke up the action towards the end of the film... it was only when I saw the big guys names in the credits that I figured that he was a famous wrestler or something.

Dracula was absolutely rubbish and had no presence whatsoever on screen... I did really like Parker Posey's character, she makes a great villian and I look forward to seeing her in Superman, as she was completely wasted here.

I remember this was originally going to be a very different movie... something along the lines of the vampire having gone all out and taken over the whole planet. The only element of that which seems to remain is the big human harvesting factory. But perhaps this original version is what Snipes signed up for.

I enjoyed the first two films but this was horrible...

Oh... and the soundtrack wasn't as good as the other two films either..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

load of me bloxix film
    why oh why could they have just made blade and matrix and leave the rest to our imagnation.
    blade 2 was ok but the 1st one was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Ah crap..

i hadnt seen the movie, but i shelled out 30 big ones for the extended dvd the other day, cause i was a big fan of the first two..

ah well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'm a big fan of Blade 1 and I even enjoyed pt2 but I have to say Trinity is the worst film I've in the cinema seen this year, bar none.

Jessica Biel 'tuning up' on her i-pod before the big fight has to be the most cynical piece of product placement I've ever seen movie. There's even vodafone ads that have been more subtle. The Ryan Reynolds character is just a totally annoying asshole (and not even in an entertaining way either) and TripleHomo's put in better acting performaces whilst groping Kurt Angles nuts on WWF!

I hope I see this film in the IMDB bottom 100 before long. It's the only place for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Elmo wrote:
    2. Ryan Renolds Character should never have got to the screen, I think it was a case of how many bad one liners can you give a character.
    While the film was simply diabolical, and every charecter in it was just dismal, Ryan Renolds was the life the film had, well, about 10 seconds of life when saying 'c*ck juggling thunder c*nt', the only part of the film worth remembering really :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

I seen it last night did not think much of it at all - I liked the First one - second one was rubbish to - as for the third i won't even go into to it -
    And whats the deal with Whistler they keep on bringing him back the whole time??

Jessica Biel 'tuning up' on her i-pod before the big fight has to be the most cynical piece of product placement I've ever seen movie. There's even vodafone ads that have been more subtle. The Ryan Reynolds character is just a totally annoying asshole (and not even in an entertaining way either) and TripleHomo's put in better acting performaces whilst groping Kurt Angles nuts on WWF!

Only for the fact that you told me where that happened in the movie I wouldn't have noticed :rolleyes:

As for the vodafone adds ?????

So glad i am blind to advertising.

So where all in agreement that Welsey Snipes should sue the producers?
    And if he wins return our money for going to see the movie.

I thought Blade 2 was excelent.

Well i got around to watching it last night and it was diabolical. 30 quid well spent. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭sailorboy

give it a few weeks it will be in the 3 for 30 section in hmv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

Pigman II wrote:
    Jessica Biel 'tuning up' on her i-pod before the big fight has to be the most cynical piece of product placement I've ever seen movie.

lots of product placement in the movie - but wasn't the worst - that honour had to go to spiderman and the carlsberg truck scene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Roar wrote:
    Well i got around to watching it last night and it was diabolical. 30 quid well spent. :rolleyes:
    I got it for free as part of an offer from dvdsoon.com and I still feel ripped off...

I just knew I should have gone with Caravan of Courage instead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I'm a big fan of the first 2 films, but Blade Trinity sucked donkey balls!!

For me, the most annoying bit doesn't relate to the crap "extra actors", rubbish storyline or mind numbingly cr@p finish ... it's more to do with the fact that Blade sounded like Snipes' character from White Men Can't Jump ... he had shag all dialogue in the first 2 movies, but in this he's "motherfcuker this, motherfcuker that!" ... WTF!

LoneGunM@n wrote:
    it's more to do with the fact that Blade sounded like Snipes' character from White Men Can't Jump ... he had shag all dialogue in the first 2 movies, but in this he's "motherfcuker this, motherfcuker that!" ... WTF!

I agree, i thought the rather gratuitous use of language didnt really sit right in the movie.. i found it quite odd..

for some reasons i watched some of the extras last night... all the actors (and that annyoing git goyer) had really straight faces for the whole thing, like they took the project seriously...

and at no point did anyone mention the word "money"...

maybe its in a hidden section entitled "Why we appeared in this piece of sh!t"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Elmo wrote:
    1. Whistler (Kris Kristofferson(sp?)) should not have been killed off.

they've killed off whistler in all of them havent they? Something to do with thinking kris kristofferson could pop his clogs in real life at any time id imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

reece wrote:
    lots of product placement in the movie - but wasn't the worst - that honour had to go to spiderman and the carlsberg truck scene

Carlsberg don't make conveniently placed trucks, but if they did...

I haven't seen either of the first two and after seeing ten minutes of the third I don't intend to.

they've killed off whistler in all of them havent they?

No
    they killed him in the first movie, half way through.
    And they brought him back in the second movie.
    And then they killed him off in the Third movie.

He didn't even get his name before Jessica Biel or Ryan Renolds. I wonder whos more famous?

Kris isn't that old, hes only in his 60's

I though kris had won an oscar for A Star is Born, He did win a Gold Globe for it as best supporting actor.

But who else in that cast has won an award?

Has wesley snipes?

Wheres Jessica's for 7th Heaven?

Advertisement