Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do I change a colour image into B+W

• 30-04-2005 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

how to I change a colour image in Illustrator into a B+W one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I dont know the particular functions of that programe but all I can say is to look for convert to greyscale or something similar around greyscale. Hope that is of help...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

or go to Hue/Saturation, then set thge saturation down to the bottom... I dono though try the help section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Theres another way that gives you more control over the image. Using the hue/saturation method can make it look a bit flat.

Start with your color image, and then go to the Image menu and click Calculations. The image will turn b&w instantly and a dialog box will appear. You play around with the settings then until you get it how you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 delsutton2004

In Illustrator you'd need to go to Filters>Color>COnvert to Grayscale.

Advertisement