Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea are Champions

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    so I highly doubt just cause you beat an off form Juve you can beat a brilliant Milan side playing at its best.

How do you know they will play at their best? Anyway thisi s completely Off topic.

Well done chelsea, heres hoping for a closer run premiership next season with liverpool just shading it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

How long before we start seeing all the chelsea shirts out and about with their "LAMPARD 10" and "DUFF 11" while their "HENRY 14" and "KEANE 16" gather dust!?! HA HA. in fairness well done to em but i still think it was more or less bought at the end of the day. As a buddy out it Ambramovich is playing the ultimate game of Championship Manager. Im kent brockman and that was my two cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

David19 wrote:
    I think Juventus were lucky against Real

How did you come to that conclusion? Juventus completely dominated Real and won by 2 goals???

I mean I wish Liverpool luck but Juve were off form for both legs I dont see how pool fans are so sure of beating Milan just cause they beat Juventus.

Juventus' performance against Liverpool over the 2 legs was probably their worst all season knock out Chelsea and then maybe I'll give Liverpool a bit more credit but I havent seen them play particularly well compared to Milan and Chelsea just seen them push over off form sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

Well done to Chelsea, much as I hate to say it :mad: but to all those comparing the spending of ManU to Chelsea, remember, ManU raise all their own cash and also continue to return a profit whereas Chelsea is benefiting from a Sugar Daddy and would be showing a massive loss by normal accounting standards.
    But that aside they have developed into a great team and I look forward to watching them in the CL final against Milan (fecking pool will probably win now)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    How did you come to that conclusion? Juventus completely dominated Real and won by 2 goals???

Real completely dominated the first leg but they could only win 1-0. Thats why they were unlucky. It was a bit closer in the 2nd leg in Turin although Juve were under pressure for much of it. They resorted to hitting Real on the break. They won 2-0 after extra time and after Ronaldo was sent off. They won the two legs by 1 goal, not two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

David19 wrote:
    They resorted to hitting Real on the break. They won 2-0 after extra time and after Ronaldo was sent off. They won the two legs by 1 goal, not two.

they resorted to hitting real on the break because thats the type of football they play they defend then hit on the break its called counter attacking.

Yes Ronaldo was sent off but so was Tachanardi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

i have said congratulations already and will say so again. by far the best team in england, with their team spirit been the most crucial factor of the squad.

yes money has been thrown at chelsea but thats the way the game is gone. whether man utd spend it over a few years or chelsea spend it all in one go thats what will happen.

chelsea wont spend as much this summer, as they have built up their squad last summer.

i do feel that next year will be very tough for chelsea. just watching the bolton came proved a huge point to me, that lampard is crucial. they didnt look like scoring against bolton until lampard scored. this was the fact in many a game this year. so next year there will be a huge pressure on lampard to reproduce this form. also as with biscan last week, players will told to close him down as quick as possible with this task being seen as the best way to stop chelsea from scoring.

but anyway this isnt the thread for trying to pick faults, well done and good luck next season jose.

SpAcEd OuT wrote:
    they resorted to hitting real on the break because thats the type of football they play they defend then hit on the break its called counter attacking.

Yes Ronaldo was sent off but so was Tachanardi.

Nope they were forced back. They had to counter attack because they had no other choice. IMO Real were the better team over the two legs. We'll agree to disagree I guess. Fair enough about Tacchinardi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

lets add their just english champions, no other champions :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Doubt we'll see any effort by Chelsea in the league cup next year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

And all this talk of loads of foreigners, in press, mnn how many eng players in the arse team in the last coupe of months, one to be precise Cole, the maximum is 2.
    The old chessnut how you need a 20-25 golascorer to win the league, its been done without one, 20-25 goalscoer gets lots more 3-0 4-0 wins, yes but does not to win the league, of course its a help.

A couple of stories to tell ya, Veron and Crespo refused to travel to Scarborough last year and Claudio let them get away with it, also you prob read JM ripped into the team on sat and told them that him and Steve Clarke would go out for the second half.
    When Crespo was late coming back at start of the season, he told JM that he didn't understand what he meant, JM spoke in Spanish and told him that he was being fined.

Potential squad for next year:

Cech
    Cudicini/ ?
    Pidgley

Terry
    Gallas
    Carvallho
    Bridge
    Zambrotta/ Maxwell
    Huth
    Johnson

Lamps
    Maka
    Parker
    Geremi/ Jiri, the latter will be kept as squad cause of his height IMO.
    Gerrard/ Xavi/ Janjualiski (spl.)(udiense)/ Marscherona

Cole
    Duff
    Eidur
    Robben
    Joaquin/ SWP

Drogs
    Forssell
    Adriano ( the price could be downfall)
    C Cole (loan)
    unknown name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Marscherona hahaha sounds like a ballerina

dunno the exact spelling, by all accounts a superb CM and long term replacement for Maka, and importantly is still young.
    I've heard Janjualiski for a couple of years now but Milan seem to have got him.

Marscherona hahaha sounds like a ballerina

I've heard Mascherano is a good player. He's only 21 I think. He's been linked with lots of european teams. It'd be an interesting signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

This thread pops up with a search for "Chelsea" ... 2nd result ...

Bloody hell I forgot all about those Jose Mourinho league wins ...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Erm okay. Closing this one so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement