Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Interest... in a PSU sleeving service???

Options
  • 30-04-2005 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Im thinking, along with another boards member, of offering a PSU sleeving service.

ie. I'll collect ur PSU(prov u live near dublin) give u a loan one, sleeve ur PSU(different UV colours, UV molexs avail. also) and return it. Just wondering if anyones interested...

If there's enough interest I can sort out some sort of price... Just leave a reply if ur interested and how much you'd be willing to pay.. Take into account, materials, labour and delivery.

R

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

You could do cases too...

took me about 4hrs (and 2 sleeving kits) to do PSU and case...case was the worst! Taking off the molex connectors (which u have to do) is a pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

unklerosco wrote:
    Just leave a reply if ur interested and how much you'd be willing to pay

Might be interested. Any idea of a ballpark figure of how much it would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

id be interested if the price is right

But id be a LOT more interested in a case window cutting service and perpex installation, would pay a good price for that if it was neat work.

if you are neat with a jigsaw then id pay u a good price to do one ASAP ;)

but apart from that the sleeving idea all depends on how good you can sell the service :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Sleeving isn't difficult, it just takes time to do it right. A vantec kit, candle, scissors, hairdryer and a couple of hours...

unklerosco wrote:
    Im thinking, along with another boards member

Who's the other bloke btw?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'd be interested, if i decide to get a new PSU. But i think you'll need to explain to people that sleeving a PSU involves voiding the warranty as you will have to crack open the PSU and break a warranty seal.

That's assuming you're gonna sleeve the PSU right inside the PSU and not just heatshrink the wires upto where the wires come outside the PSU.

Jammer wrote:
    Sleeving isn't difficult, it just takes time to do it right. A vantec kit, candle, scissors, hairdryer and a couple of hours...

I tried sleeving my Antec 550W PSU, bought all the tools..Molex and all the other tools for removing the connectors. Some wires came out and some didn't. Pins get damaged easily. So i left it to the professionals to do it and sent my PSU to the USA for sleeving.

www.frozencpu.com

So i left it to the professionals to do it and sent my PSU to the USA for sleeving

What's your contact? How much did that set you back split down in postage and the actual job?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

gline wrote:
    id be interested if the price is right

But id be a LOT more interested in a case window cutting service and perpex installation, would pay a good price for that if it was neat work.

if you are neat with a jigsaw then id pay u a good price to do one ASAP ;)

but apart from that the sleeving idea all depends on how good you can sell the service :)

Yea would be interested in getting perspex windows installed too if anyones doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I could prob do perspex windows, never put one in before but i've cut a few 120mm holes n a mesh window in an old case i had... I'll try do up a demo window n post some pics.

Will have to get back about a guidline price for the sleeving, It will void the warranty if u want it sleeved from inside the PSU, tis the owners choice.

• Advertisement

I'll should have two psu's sleeved by the end of the week and i'll see if i can get a demo window cut out too.

unklerosco wrote:
    and i'll see if i can get a demo window cut out too.

ALRITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:D:D

unkel wrote:
    What's your contact? How much did that set you back split down in postage and the actual job?

The job was $150 which included the postage for returning the PSU to me, the postage was €40 as it was very heavy and everything went registered to and back.

unklerosco wrote:
    I'll should have two psu's sleeved by the end of the week and i'll see if i can get a demo window cut out too.

any news on the window cutting??? ;)

I've been busy with my latest mod(check case mods thread) gonna be cutting a window into my sonata next week, i'll post up pics when its done..

unklerosco wrote:
    I've been busy with my latest mod(check case mods thread) gonna be cutting a window into my sonata next week, i'll post up pics when its done..

thanks man, put me down for a window being cut 1st if u decide to offer that service :D

Advertisement