Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOLBB Port

Options
  • 30-04-2005 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

I have IOLBB , does anyone know what my correct ports are for downloading as I am using ports 4662 and getting the below. I am not behind a firewall and I am abit baffled by the below. Is there away to fix it?

I presume with BTBroadband or whetever its called know I am using a router so is there a port for it.

Starting TCP connection test...
    TCP test failed! UDP test will not be performed.

Connection test finished.

Results in detail:

TCP connection test failed.
    It was not possible, to establish a TCP connection to your ~~~~~.

How to resolve port problems... Something is interfering with your network communications. There are two main reasons for this:

If you are using a firewall, ensure that your firwall don't block the required ports! You might need to set a rule to allow the ports to be available.
    If you use a router, make sure that your router forwards the required ports to your local IP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I'm going to assume here that you are using BitTorrent to download Linux ISOs, correct?

You need to go into your modem settings and forward the port. See www.portforward.com for details.

I also suggest you stick to port 6881

~snapscan

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I also suggest you stick to port 6881

~snapscan
    so that when the internet police start looking for people downloading stuff off BT, you will be easy to spot!

seriously though, you should be fine downloading your "linux ISO's". nobody is look just yet i don't think.

but for the sake of having your connection throttled if you're using it a lot, you might want to consider using a random port to make you harder to spot.

as for the ports thing, you'll have at least the windows firewall (i hope) if not some other firewall protecting you from the big bad online world or you could get yourself into a lot of trouble very quickly.

if you want to check your ports go to www.grc.com and check out their custom port probe (on the shieldsup! page) to give your ports a poke after you change your settings to see if they are open or closed.

Advertisement