Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buckled alloys

Options
  • 30-04-2005 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, i bought a set of second hand 16"teledials a few weeks back and changed my 15" pepperpots out (on an alfa 156). After a while i started to realise the steering didnt feel right, i thought they maybe needed balancing.

Today i went down to my garage, he told me three were buckled, not too badly but still buckled.

I cant bring them back (bought s/h). Is it dangerous to drive with buckled wheels? Is it expensive to have them repaired, would i just need to have the front two done?
    Anywhere near dublin that would unbuckle them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Cyrus wrote:
    ...I cant bring them back (bought s/h)...

I would definitely bring them back. The person who sold them to you must have known they were deadly FFS.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Ring Tom Talon in Carlow. He has a huge repair shop and will deal with mail in's aswell, cod returns. Probably talking about 50 or 60 yoy yo's per alloy to repair depending on level of damage. I've used him before and he did a great job. His number is 0503 56179

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

thanks pablo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Or if you prefer to go to Meath try David on 087 8525911. He's on the N3 between Navan and Kells. Did a very good job with my alloys and has a very good rep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If you bought the wheels second hand from a private seller then you have no comeback - buyer beware!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

There is a garage in Clane that repair alloys, €60 each incl balancing.
    They did a job on one of mine, after an incident with one of our many potholes, and it is perfect now.

Advertisement