Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i get smart BB with out turning over to a smart telephone as well

• 01-05-2005 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Problem i have is that i moved back in with my parents for a while and they already have a free line rental with eircom because they are OAP's
    If i go with smart can i just get the BB without changing the line rental over to them as i can see myself living at hime for more then the next couple of months?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Smart require you to switch over telephony to them when you're getting broadband off them. That shouldn't be a problem though, your parents should still get the free line rental benefit with smart, so you'll only be paying ~ €11/month for broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

You will get the social welfare line rental allowance with Smart no problem but I dont think the €11 for bb is the case.
    BB with Smart is €35 + line rental. If you are one of the first 100,000 customers you get free line rental but the bb will still cost you €35 :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

kaizersoze wrote:
    You will get the social welfare line rental allowance with Smart no problem but I dont think the €11 for bb is the case.
    BB with Smart is €35 + line rental. If you are one of the first 100,000 customers you get free line rental but the bb will still cost you €35 :)

I think you are spot on there. As smart will be using there own epuipment in the exchanges, they will not be forwarding on the line rental to eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

Just rang smart and found out that its not eircom that give the parents the free line rental, its the goverment.
    But the guy wouldn't tell if the money they get for the line rental would come off the price of the BB they said something about taking it off the cost of the calls made each month.
    Have to make another call armed with this new info

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

smart will cost line rental at about €20 and BB for €15 and make a few quid on it too.

20% of all lines are pensioners . only a nutter would ignore so many punters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

Well just got on the smart again, was told that the 19€ 24€ (plus vat) that the goverment pay would come off the price of the bill, so excluding calls the BB would only cost 11€ a month!! happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Double free line rental :eek: :eek: Sweet
    I stand corrected :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

holy crap, 2Mbit DSL for €22 each bill ( 2-monthly billing ) not bad at all indeed :-)

Advertisement