Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mods!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Sleepy wrote:
    and turning half of a board against you isn't something too many users enjoy

Yeah...it only gets fun when you get over 75% turned :)

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Lots to say about this thread but I'll stick to the following.

Mods are users too. So are the admins.

I believe that affirmative action, as suggested by zenith, is discrimination. Campaign for everyone to have the same starting position, but don't start vetoing people on the basis that they're already mods. There is no basis for excluding mods from "the community" - they are inherently part of it.

Merc is indeed a strange wee laddie :)

I think that it's A Good Thing that this issue is being openly discussed, and not just in the "privacy" (and I use the term in it's loosest sense) of the Moderator forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Trojan wrote:

Agreed, I was a muppet who posted long incoherent, badly worded posts that were devoid of any planning, logic or style when I was a user. Oh and I whined about depression alot too.

And since becoming a mod, apart from the board I mod, I am still a muppet user who posts long incoherent, badly worded posts that are devoid of any planning, logic or style. And I am still likely to be just as whiney about depression if I get started on it.

Becoming a mod just means that you have some work you have to do for the community, it doesn't change the fact that you are a user of said community. I post on far more boards than I will ever moderate, and 99% of my posting will be that of a user and not a mod.

The only difference I've noticed is that I can read the mod board now, and frankly it's not particularily interesting.

Oh, that and as much free hookers and coke as I can handle, but hey being a mod needs to have some kickback eh? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

he just banned me. i like his style (taills not pigs).

ah primula vulgaris, such a pretty flower.

i thought until 2mins ago he was a she. what made you such an untouchable merc tilt. i've never seen anymore insult so many people and get away it.

yeah you're right you take being up one's own arse to dizzying heights.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

why would you want to be a smod...
    it's one thing to mod something you are interested in,that would have it's merits but smod,no way.if somebody wants to do it without a bit of please ah go on then they shouldn't do it....as somebody said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

And the best bit is that your post starting this thread was the only time my name was put forward for the role.

Advertisement