Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs vs Villa (will have scores)

• 01-05-2005 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Yikes!

I just checked the score.

Spurs 3 Villa 1 44mins

Kanoute
    King
    Kanoute
    Barry(pen)

X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

:eek:

Jeepers, wish i had Prem plus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

4-1

Andy reid
    66:46 GOAL - Andy Reid
    Tottenham 4 - Aston Villa 1
    Goal by Andy Reid (Tottenham) drilled left-footed (top-left of goal) from left channel (25 yards).Tottenham 4-1 Aston Villa. Assist (pass) by Sean Davis (Tottenham) from left channel.

/goes off to PES4 to reenact it :confused:
    kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I must admit Reid's goal was class. We're being robbed though, should have had an early penalty which wouldn't have allowed for Kanoute's goal (he scored on the break while Villa were protesting)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

No, thats a stupid way to put it.
    Neil the people protesting about the peno were nowhere near the goal whatsoever, and we in no way related to the goal. The goal was scored due to sloppy defending by Ridgewell, and imo the peno was being looked for a lot, and thats why it wasn't given.
    And ever since Vill have defended worse than a sunday league team, its just unreally bad defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Villa are appauling so far today. 4-1 is almost an injustice to Spurs. And thats from a Villa fan.

The penatly decision at the start was a bad call IMO, but Villa haven't been on the pace at all today, and would most ikley have ended up with the same scoreline!

• Advertisement

The people protesting maybe, but the whole incident left the entire team in limbo and it allowed Kanoute to latch onto Robinson's long ball (though I must admit he took it down very well)

It's hard enough to tighten up at the back AND chase a 1-0 deficit against a team with such counter-attacking powers as Spurs, but when you're missing Mellberg and Sorensen it becomes impossible. If that peno had been awarded (which it should have - clear peno) Villa would have been a different side.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

5:1 Kelly 90mins

In all honesty I dont get that many chances to crow in a season so here goes this years,

Woah Ho Ho Ho :p

I'm done now.

X

That puts us ahead of Boro on goal diff.

X

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

European football here we come!!

Next sundays game against Boro will be the crunch!

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

What makes it even more intriging is that Middlesbro have to play (in-form) ManCity (a) as well as Spurs (h).

Run in
    =====================================
    Spurs v - Middlesbro (a); Blackburn (h)

Middlesbro v - Spurs (h); ManCity (a)

ManCity v - Middlesbro (h); Villa (a)
    =====================================
    So if Mid beat Spurs and City win their last two then all 3 clubs could end up on 54pts and the European place would be decided by goal difference.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Xcom2 wrote:
    Next sundays game against Boro will be the crunch!

X

Hey m8, I really hope that brutal decision at OT earlier this season does not come back and haunt ye now.

Leonard wrote:
    Hey m8, I really hope that brutal decision at OT earlier this season does not come back and haunt ye now.

I've been thinking that for a while now! :eek:

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

its a sat match and hopefully setanta will choose it as their game. great game today reid with a quality and kelly showed some good strength to finish off his. would love to see kelly given a start ahead of carr in the irish team in the not too distant future.

bring on next week and a win will all but ensure 7th. and maybe 6th wont be too far off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Better be on form for Boro next weekend, 'tis my very first attendance at a Spurs game . If we can take all 3 from that then we really do have a good chance for Europe. It's too close at the moment. Bolton could do us a big favour and lose their last 2 games and that with a win at Boro would really sort it out for us.

No choice, We have to beat Boro and Blackburn to be sure.

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Xcom2 wrote:
    No choice, We have to beat Boro and Blackburn to be sure.

X

Nah mate, beat Boro and avoid defeat at home to blackburn will be enough.

We're tied on points, with +1 GD in our favour, if we beat Boro then we'll be 3 points ahead with at least +2 GD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

id like to see us just win our last 2 matches.

great game today.

spurs looked hungry, they chased every ball, wanted every tackle and wanted the win.
    they passed well, and defended, er, ok. attacked well.
    villa were just very very poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Am surprised at Villa - they are not a bad side but collapsed after the "penalty award"

And Defoe and Robbie saved their goals for next week hopefully .... did you see the reaction of Jol when Stephen Kelly scored ! Nearly as good as Reidy's own reaction. I am delighted grumpy Carr pi55ed off to Newcastle ... Kelly is a much better defender and likeable bloke and will take the Irish no 2 jersey within 12 months. :D

Advertisement