Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to make some money?

Options
  • 01-05-2005 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭

Want to make some extra cash?

Our affiliate program is now open.

See here for more details.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

"Commission Type Pay-Per-Sale: 10% of all sales you deliver."

including domains?

cos the h365 scheme only includes hosting (not domains or even servers cos they are on seperate domains)

i'd prefer a pay per click instead of a percentage cos it never works for expensive items like hosting.

a potential hoster will visit a few companies before committing so when he returns to blacknight after deciding he doesn't use my link he goes direct, i get nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

vector - it's pay per sale on ALL sales. The cookies are set to 30 days, so if they buy from us you will get your commission.

Pay per click is not available at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I want to buy a few gTLDs can I use my own id, and get the 10pc kickback?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

nothing from the horses mouth (sic) so far so here is my reply

I read the terms and conditions and can't see anything that forbids that.
    "In order for a referral to generate commission, the customer must first arrive on our Website from your Website..."

It is true to say that if you buy something you are a "customer" and is it true to say that you will have clicked in from "your website"

Just clear your control panel cookie first :)

even if it wasnt allowed you could get commission
    -register in a fake name (gtld WHOIS is a joke just use a new email)
    -pay by a TSB disposable credit card OR bank draft (in case the credit card address was used)

but you won't reach the EUR 50 payout this way, unless you buy alot

however there is a clause that says upon cancellation you shall be paid

returning to your question it is certainly not within the spirit of the scheme, and I could no condone it.

There is nothing in the terms and conditions at the moment to stop you from using your own affiliate link to get a commission, however we monitor all sales via the affiliate system and will not award commissions if we find people abusing it.

• Advertisement

vector wrote:
    a potential hoster will visit a few companies before committing so when he returns to blacknight after deciding he doesn't use my link he goes direct, i get nothing

I meant to reply to this specifically.
    A couple of things to note:
    1 - All orders with us go through the same billing system and the affiliate sales are tracked there, not on the site itself

2 - All clicks via an affiliate site will count as the cookie is set for 30 days. Even if somebody follows a link on your site, goes somewhere and comes back you will still get the sale

Advertisement