Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free trial?

Options
  • 01-05-2005 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭

Is there a free trial available for the game? I don't want to splash out a bucketload of cash just to find out that i don't like it. I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

you get a months subscriptioon free when you buy the game, but you still need to input a credit card number to register for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Damnit. Ah well. I'll probably end up buying it after my exams. I just hope i don't end up regretting it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

You wont. Trust me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Is there a free trial available for the game? I don't want to splash out a bucketload of cash just to find out that i don't like it. I can't seem to find one anywhere.

If you have a mate with it then there is a 10 day guest pass he can give you included with the latest release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I thought that was only with the collectors edition of the game?

• Advertisement

Doesn't say collectors edition on my box but I have the guest pass. If anyone wants the code let me know - you will need game discs though.

Shortstack, i'll take that if possible. I owe you one beer! I could borrow the discs off a friend.

Guest pass went to some one already. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

If anyone has a guest pass that they aren't using please pm me. I would like to give WOW a chance :)

I got there first! Well... i thought i got there first last time, but i didn't get it. Ah well. I live in hope.

(choose me!) :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

i have one ....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

can i have it?

i'll do anything, and i mean ANYTHING ;)

giving it to mutant fruit sorry !

If i end up buying the game (which i'm told is very likely :p) and if i get a free pass in it, i'll share the wealth. vasch_ro will get first choice on it, considaring he's giving me his... but if he doesn't want it or if he doesn't want me to give it to a specific person, it'll go to Praetorian or kiith (in that order, depending on whether pretorian has gotten one already).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

is it possible to use more than one guest pass on your account? I'm using one now but I have another one too i can use

as far as i know, you can only use one free trial per account, but i might be wrong. thats the way it is in most games.

screw it, im (probably) gonna buy the game tomorrow. i should be able to give away the free trial.

do you still want it praetorian?

if you are going to buy it i saw in Smyths for 44.99 a tenner cheaper than the price i paid in game so shop around!!!

You can get it for £25 delivered (thats sterling) off www.play.com. Works out at about €10 cheaper than smyths.

ah, its €39.99 in gamestop, and since that nearby, i'll just pick it up there. wont be able to play till saturday though.

any recomendations for a realm? preferably PvP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

I have an extra unopened copy which i'll sell for.... 30?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Load of irish lads over on bladefist. There will be a lot of leevel 60's and high levels already tho.

If u want a newer server (ie handful (think 2 for alliance) of level 60's and other high levels) then try Bloodfeather. A few of us on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but if anyone wants a 10 day ten pass, it's available to the first person to reply. However u will have to borrow the game discs off a friend.

P.S. Beware the addictive nature of this game, should come with a government health warning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭mouse_busy

can it have the guest pass?thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

Yeah, PM about to be sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 supergoose

I also have one, pm me if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I have an extra unopened copy which i'll sell for.... 30?
    I'll buy that off you, assuming it's still unopened and unused.

I probably shouldn't get into this game, but who needs a social life anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Supergoose i'd very much like the free 10 day pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Taydus Drax

hello.. I’m new to this board but I wondering if someone had a spare guest pass coss I have a plan to get one of my mates to get hooked on WoW.... I got my WoW last year so i never got a guest past with it..

heres my evil plan (muhaha):

1. Using my ipod as mobile hard drive I copy the full game to his comp with all the latest patchs to save him download time..

2. I get him a guest pass.

3. Supply him with items, gold, and help him level.

4. HE’S HOOKED!!!!!!

I’ve seen it done many a time..... I had a different mate use my account while I overseas and he got soooo hooked on WoW.. He got his account and now he's my warlock slave!!!!

: -)

Sadly I play WoW too much so i can't let this mate use my account and as I have created a way to transport it.

I have 2 Ipods... an old one 10gig and a new 60gig Video.. and I have MAC WoW on the old Ipod (which is useless for anything else) and my new Ipod for PC WoW... That way even if I’m at a place with a MAC I can play it.... right away.. that’d dedication

That’s a good tip for hardcore gamers that travel.. use an Ipod.. lol

Anyway.. yeah if someone could PLEASE (begging) let me have their guest pass...

PLEASE!!!!!

/beg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Finally went out and bought wow today :D

I have a guest pass with it, just let me install the game then i will hand it out to someone ;)

Paid 39.99 for it in gamestop.

Advertisement