Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free trial?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

:eek: i still havent bought wow yet....soon though, but i read the second reply, and it said you had to register a credit card number to create an account.... is this true? i was just planning on buying the 60 day prepaid cards and using them. I don't have a credit card.
    Can someone varify this for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Macseamusa wrote:
    :eek: i still havent bought wow yet....soon though, but i read the second reply, and it said you had to register a credit card number to create an account.... is this true? i was just planning on buying the 60 day prepaid cards and using them. I don't have a credit card.
    Can someone varify this for me?

I installed it yesterday you need to register online, also need a credit card or a think i seen it correct a pre paid card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

hello.. I’m new to this board but I wondering if someone had a spare guest pass coss I have a plan to get one of my mates to get hooked on WoW.... I got my WoW last year so i never got a guest past with it..

heres my evil plan (muhaha):

1. Using my ipod as mobile hard drive I copy the full game to his comp with all the latest patchs to save him download time..

2. I get him a guest pass.

3. Supply him with items, gold, and help him level.

4. HE’S HOOKED!!!!!!

I’ve seen it done many a time..... I had a different mate use my account while I overseas and he got soooo hooked on WoW.. He got his account and now he's my warlock slave!!!!

: -)

Sadly I play WoW too much so i can't let this mate use my account and as I have created a way to transport it.

I have 2 Ipods... an old one 10gig and a new 60gig Video.. and I have MAC WoW on the old Ipod (which is useless for anything else) and my new Ipod for PC WoW... That way even if I’m at a place with a MAC I can play it.... right away.. that’d dedication

That’s a good tip for hardcore gamers that travel.. use an Ipod.. lol

Anyway.. yeah if someone could PLEASE (begging) let me have their guest pass...

PLEASE!!!!!

/beg
    A really dedicated player would buy a second copy so they bump up their auctions on the AH and also giving them the ability to spring a second copy on people and showing them around right there and then.

On top of this, you would get your own guest pass...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Ivan wrote:
    A really dedicated player would buy a second copy so they bump up their auctions on the AH and also giving them the ability to spring a second copy on people and showing them around right there and then.

On top of this, you would get your own guest pass...

As the server would say you sad "$%!ing Bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

You can download a WoW trial at fileplanet. You'll need someone in the US to get you a trial key fro the site though as it is available to US residents only. Once you have the key it is fine to activate ie with your location and billing set to ireland or wherever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭spritey

There are a few limitations of playing the trial, guys :) First off you can't send mail or trade with people IIRC, and you can only get as high as level 20. There's a few other bits, but I can't remember.

I played for all of a day before deciding to subscribe (I did buy the game first, then used a friend's guest pass). So then I registered and got my first month free too, giving me a total of 40 days free play if anyone was wondering how that may work out.

Kaywinnit, lvl 32 Tauren Druid on Draenor ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

spritey wrote:
    Kaywinnit, lvl 32 Tauren Druid on Draenor ;)
    I'm the 50 mage known as Talkor on Draenor. Gimme a shout if you're ever bored :P I'm likely to quit playing soon as i'm getting bored of it. But i can't stop til i reach level 60. No matter how long it takes! I might stoop to bribing my brother to play my char for me...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I was actually being ironic...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

swiss wrote:
    I'll buy that off you, assuming it's still unopened and unused.

I probably shouldn't get into this game, but who needs a social life anyway?
    /sign!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

<< or you can stop talking about pirating games on the forums >>

first warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Still have a trial lying around if anyone wants it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Just to drag this up. Are these trial codes still working? I gave one to a friend but the CDs he used rejected the key. Are the keys specific to certain sets - like US only keys/EU only keys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kubak

Yes, every region has its own guest pass keys

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

same thing happened to me. Pretty sure it was the same region though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kubak

Maybe someone have guest pass to spare (EU)? Contact me with PM

Advertisement