Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

favorite bbc comedy

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TLB

I'm a freak for BBC stuff. Red Dwarf started me off back in 1988, Black Adder fueled the interest in the early 1990's, and Fawlty Towers topped it off.

These days, I order DVD's direct from the UK (I'm in Canada) and endlessy download new stuff online.

Here's my list --> The Office, People Like Us, Phoenix Nights, The Smoking Room, and The Royle Family.

I'm sure there's many more I haven't even seen yet but believe me: you can't go wrong with any of the eight shows I've listed above - they are the cream of the crop from the UK, hands down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Definitely the Fast show....but little britain is quickly catching up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Where's "Some Mothers Do 'Ave Them"?? ;)

Personal faves: Monty Python, Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Bottom, The Young Ones, I'm Alan Partridge, Men Behaving Badly, The Fast Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Im alan partridge is probably the best bbc comedy ever.Pity there was only 2 seasons. The show makes me cry laughing every time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

What about Keeping up apperiances, The lady of the house speeking. My Fav was Onslow he was class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

mikegannon wrote:
    What about Keeping up apperiances, The lady of the house speeking. My Fav was Onslow he was class

Good old Onslow! Always being pressured for sex when all he ever wanted to do was drink beer and watch the horse-racing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Fey!

What about "Bread" (or was that UTV?)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Others worth mentioning are:

The Day Today
    Friday Night Armistice
    This Morning With Richard Not Judy
    The Smoking Room
    Nighty Night
    Bruiser...

I would put This morning With Richard Not Judy into my top BBC comedy along with Fist of Fun (basically the same show). How can you top, "Ah consider the lilly..." and "Who is the real criminal? Is it the innocent young man spending some time in the woods making love to a beautiful tree? Or is it the business man in his suit and tie?".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Where's Faulty Towers?

You put My Family into this poll. WTF?

Glad I didn't get to vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

p~b wrote:
    mr bean, still makes me cry with laughter

Yeah, it makes me cry too.

Advertisement