Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case Paint

Options
  • 01-05-2005 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

I've decided to use the silverstone tj04 as the case for my new machine (tj06 just too big :/) and I want to paint all the ugly bare grey steel black. Where can i get decent case paint and primer for a reasonable price? Also if anyone knows somewhere selling seasonic s12 psus that delivers to ireland please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

any motorfactors will have what u need

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

For paint, auto-parts stores.

You'll need to get alot of good sandpaper too, rough up the inside and clean it, apply a thin layer or two of primer, lightly sand again, clean (never with water), and apply top-coat in thin layers, lightly sanding between each layer.

Apparently you can use an oven to speed up the curing process for the paint.

Though you were getting a stacker though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

SyxPak wrote:
    Though you were getting a stacker though?

Stackers are aluminium though aren't they? If there was a steel version i'd consider it

No, the Stacker1 (current one available) is steel chassis, aluminium front fascia.
    The next version is going to be aluminium, for the weak girly boys.

I'm on the look-out for a good case-painting howto, I've got a decent enough method for painting in my head, but it's the curing and toughening of the paint that I want to look into.
    When I go to paint my chassis, I'll need to get it all done inside a month or so.
    Will be buying a PoS case to hold my kit while I do it.

• Advertisement

Paint takes a month or two to cure completely... Its all in the preperation n finish. Lots n lots of laquer n leave ur case in the hotpress for a few weeks n u'll be sorted. There's a tonne of guide on the net. Custom pc had a very good guide in there mag a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

i checked overclock.co.uk before the "isn't it aluminium" post which proudly boasted : "Coolermaster CM Stacker Aluminium Tower", idiots.

I think the coolermaster is still just a bit too big though :/

unklerosco wrote:
    Paint takes a month or two to cure completely... Its all in the preperation n finish. Lots n lots of laquer n leave ur case in the hotpress for a few weeks n u'll be sorted. There's a tonne of guide on the net. Custom pc had a very good guide in there mag a while back.
    Links?

Yes, I'm mildly familiar with Google. And it's penchant for bringing up useless results or crap guides that just reiterate what I already know.

You said there were tonnes of guides. I don't want nor need to read through tonnes. I just want one that gives a good method for accelerating the curing of paint.

• Advertisement
Advertisement