Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any regrets?

Options
  • 01-05-2005 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭

Since the year is over now and exams are on the horizion, do you have any regrets about the year that has gone by? I have plenty. Here they are:

- I wish I had made an effort to go to the clubs and societies I joined in Freshers week.

- I wish I had made more of an effort to talk to people in the first few weeks.

- I regret how I handled a situation with a girl that showed interest in me at
    the start of the year. Oh how naive I was back then!

- I wish I had left economics earlier than I did.

- I wish I had done all my essays.

- I regret my overall lazy attitude and I wish I had studied more than I did.

- I wish I made at least one of those Boards meet-ups, particularly since I was the one who picked the day for the first one. :rolleyes:

- Lastly, I wish I had studied during the last few weeks. First exam's on Tuesday and I still haven't opened a book. :o

Anyone got their own regrets?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

my regret is not having had the courage/drive to do what i really want with my life

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

- I wish I'd repeated 2nd year, not bothered my ass doing the repeats last summer.
    - I wish I'd done even more TKD stuff (ie. both more training and more beerage)
    - I wish I could develop study skills at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

None.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I wish I could bother my ass to study!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Well nothing major...just more damage on my liver...

Wish I'd gotten drunk more
    Wish I had of punched that Commerce eejit that drenched me at the start of the year instead of screaming at him and belittling his manhood-violence is the key
    Wish I'd fallen asleep on campus, and then gone to lectures the next day, before going to the pub and doing it all again....leaving that till next year though.
    Wish I'd gone to more lectures drunk
    Wish I'd gotten singl earlier in the year
    Wish I'd done French
    Wish I wasn't doing my exams-eep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

None - finished college with a 2nd honours and got a job I wanted straight up.

College was a lot of fun - I partied hard but still got my grades. The party continues! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

B@stard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I wish I'd done all my essays
    I wish I'd gone to more history tutorials

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i wish i got drunker and studied, in that very order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I wish that this wasn't just an error!

List Of Past Papers For Course Area You Chose. [Choose your Registered Courses | Choose by Course Area | Choose by Department]

Course Code Description Paper Pages Availability
    MST2015 Linear Algebra Summer Examinations 2003 3 YES
    Autumn Examinations 2003 3 YES
    Summer Examinations 2005 3 YES

Total Row Count in Report- 3
    Row(s) 1 - 3

Saw Summer Exams 2005 & thought the best mistake in the world had been made!!!

• Advertisement

None really so far...its been a fairly hectic year. Could have gone out and partied a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

hmm well the way i feel right now, i wish i had paid more attention to first semester history and i wish i had done all of my essays.

apart from that its been a great year.

GOOD LUCK IN THE EXAMS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I wish that this wasn't just an error!

List Of Past Papers For Course Area You Chose. [Choose your Registered Courses | Choose by Course Area | Choose by Department]

Course Code Description Paper Pages Availability
    MST2015 Linear Algebra Summer Examinations 2003 3 YES
    Autumn Examinations 2003 3 YES
    Summer Examinations 2005 3 YES

Total Row Count in Report- 3
    Row(s) 1 - 3

Saw Summer Exams 2005 & thought the best mistake in the world had been made!!!

i was looking at past exam papers and thought that they had put all my summer 2005 papers online! oh how i cried when i came to my senses :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

i wish that id ran for pres this year-would have been great to see a girl get the position instead of cassanova carroll.+somone who really wants the job to help students not for their own agenda-ah well-would have been a bit embarrassing alright getting all those paper airplanes thrown at you in lectures!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

- I wish I had made an effort to go to the clubs and societies I joined in Freshers week.

- I wish I had made more of an effort to talk to people in the first few weeks.

- I wish I had done all my essays.

- I regret my overall lazy attitude and I wish I had studied more than I did.

- Lastly, I wish I had studied during the last few weeks. First exam's on Tuesday and I still haven't opened a book. :o

I'm too lazy to type the above out and call them my own regrets so I'll just say; ditto.

Plus:
    - I wish I hadn't f**ked up relationships with not one but TWO girls in Arts who I went out with. Especially not to the extent that they hate my guts. Which they do. B0ll0cks :mad:

- I wish I didn't have to rely on HappyCrackHead for 90% of my social life. It's embarassing. Don't get me wrong, it's great that I have someone to rely on, it's just that I wish I could make friends on my own with more ease.

and finally...

- I wish I wasn't a bum. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

I wished I had realised that I needed good grades to do the summer courses in America I want to do next summer.

I feel like the accountant in the Simpsons running around the tax office crying out "does anyone have a calculator"???
    Good luck kids...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

No regrets at all - had a great four years here and wouldn't have changed it for the world! I've gotten to know my class really well, been very involved with one of the sports clubs for the past 3 years, and made some wonderful friends. Now its time to move on I won't miss UCD itself, but I know I'll really miss all the people I met here! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Ummmmm regrets????

1. That I didn't make enough trips to the bar this year

2. That I didn't go for a good old Stella Artois knacker drinking session during one of my lectures

3. That I joined crap societies who robbed me of precious cash during fresher's week and the fact that they did f**k all during the year (F1 society?... WTF!)

4. That I didn't ram my face down everyones throats during the 1st few weeks

5. That the most boring, unsociable, unfriendly f**kheads infest my course

6. That I'm still single after a year been surrounded by females

7. That I've hardly used my gym membership which I paid 120 yo yo to join

8. That I didn't drink even more beer

9. That I've not jumped in the lake yet

10. That I have done f**k all for my exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

that i valued sleep more than getting in for my 9 o'clock lectures :(

that i didn't pay more attention in maths which i'm now screwed for....help anyone???????? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

tribulus wrote:

that i didn't pay more attention in maths which i'm now screwed for....help anyone???????? :o

My God, I have the exact same problem! My 9 o'clock lectures were maths which meant I pretty much missed half the course.... ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

blondie83 wrote:
    Now its time to move on I won't miss UCD itself, but I know I'll really miss all the people I met here! :)

You'll be sorely missed blondie! No-one to form conspiracy theories with about the lecturing staff!

I wish I actually did some work earlier in the year - i really do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

-I wished that i took a year out as im only 18 now
    -I should have gone to at least 1 biophys tutorial
    -Probably should have drank less
    -Made more effort to know more people at the start of the year as now i know only about 1 person decently well
    -Took more chances
    -Went in more
    -Wast so antisocial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

7. That I've hardly used my gym membership which I paid 120 yo yo to join

120? I paid €165 and was happy to.

tribulus wrote:

Tribulus, do you know the reason why you didn't go to your 9 o'clock lectures or pay attention during Maths? You forgot to take your vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates and tuna! :)

C'mon you couldn't attend lectures looking like the Incredible tribulus! :)

hulk.jpg

Rrrrrrraaaaaaggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kasintahan wrote:
    120? I paid €165 and was happy to.

I got a discount through a club i joined but I still think its a rip off. Apparently the gym in Trinners is cheaper than 120.

Well anyway I'm actually glad I didn't spend too much time in the gym coz I certainly wouldn't have ever wanted to end up like tribulus!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

I got a discount through a club i joined but I still think its a rip off. Apparently the gym in Trinners is cheaper than 120.

Well anyway I'm actually glad I didn't spend too much time in the gym coz I certainly wouldn't have ever wanted to end up like tribulus!!! :D

Cool :cool: I'll have to find that club.

And tribulus - you will have to teach me the way . All I've managed to do despite 3 gym sessions a week is run faster and further. Even at that I still don't look fit.

You will never reach the same hulkness level of tribulus but I'm sure tribulus would advise you to indulge in alot of carbohydrates, vitamins, proteins and of course.... tuna! Also becoming a Science Boy would be very helpful indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I wish i had to ability to study, instead of spending all day doing this: http://kitterkillers.bravehost.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Tribulus, do you know the reason why you didn't go to your 9 o'clock lectures or pay attention during Maths? You forgot to take your vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates and tuna! :)

C'mon you couldn't attend lectures looking like the Incredible tribulus! :)

hulk.jpg

Rrrrrrraaaaaaggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    /\
    ||
    if only zane, if only :rolleyes: my physique and appearance have been a tad bit exaggerated there :p

another regret: not going to the gym more and eating better this year - i've been such a lazy sh*t

And the winner of the Nobel Prize for sarcasm goes to...............
    tribulus wrote:
    /\
    ||
    if only zane, if only :rolleyes: my physique and appearance have been a tad bit exaggerated there :p

another regret: not going to the gym more and eating better this year - i've been such a lazy sh*t

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I really regret not getting off my ass for the last couple of hours that would have been well spent studying. Instead I've been browsing incredibly useless sites of the internet. Such good use of my time.

Oh I also regret taking books out of the short loan on monday because now I have to drag myself all the way to ucd to bring them back or have to pay the extortionate fee! I didnt even use them either... ugh.

Advertisement