Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EW Technologies Water purification System - any experience?

• 01-05-2005 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,

there was someone around today from EW Technologies offering 10 days free trial of their filtration system.

http://www.ewtechnologies.ie/

This is a Pint Glass - sized filter that goes under the sink, with a small tap that's installed on the sink beside the normal taps. It costs €195 once-off, and the whole system is replaced in every 6 months free of charge.

The water quality in Navan is not great at the best of times, so while I'm tempted by the concept, I'm also a bit suspicious of how they're going to come by free of charge every 6 months.
    I can imagine that the filtration degrades with time, but what happens when they've got "too many customers" to visit twice a year, etc?

Has anyone got any experience of this crowd?

Cheers,
    Clanc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Yup have dealt with them on a professional level - they are big enough to cope
    They are probably the biggest supplier of filters - certainally in Dublin anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I live in Navan too ... I moved into my new house in November & because the water was so hard, I had to change my kettle & iron within 3 months!!

I bought a water filtration system, but it's a lot bigger & dearer than the system that you're talking about! The system that I bought filters all the water coming into the house, so that the heating system, dishwasher etc. are all protected from the ravages of the hard water :)

If you want info, pm me & I'll root out the business card for the sales rep for Navan for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Clanc

Anyway, this evening the guy came + installed the filter.
    It's attached to the cold tap pipe, and feeds the water through a filter that's a bit bigger than a pint glass. There is a small tap which has been added on the sink baside the normal taps.

The cost is €195 PER YEAR, which can be paid once off, or by the month.
    (The woman who came to the door had told me that it would be a once off payment, no extra costs ever, but what can you do?)

The immediate difference is that the chlorine smell is now gone from the drinking water (+ supposedly the chlorine too as well as any other chemicals etc).

We now have it for about 10 days trial + if we dont want it, they will take it away and plug the hole in the sink. otherwise there's a €54 installation fee + we keep paying @ €195 per year for as long as we want it.

Every 6 months they come to change the whole setup, filter and tap in order to sterilise it.

I suppose when I consider that we buy the Brita filters as well as a lot of bottled water, we'll see what it tastes like during the next week first before we decide whether to keep it or not .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

is there any branding or model number/name on the device itself?

Theres a large sticker that says EW Technologies Series 2000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

That sounds expensive for what you are getting. But then again different filters work differently and remove different levels of dirt etc.

I use THIS system from www.h2onics.co.uk .

It is a self install system and the filters are reasonably priced and again self install. It does remove that smell of chlorine too.

It sounds suspicious that they want to change the tap every 6 months when it is only dealing with water that has already been filtered so should be perfectly fine for years.

I have nothing to do with the above company but have bought their water-gem system and I think it sounds very like the system you have only a lot cheaper.

Cal

Hi Cal, this certainly looks lots cheaper. How often do you change the filters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

I bought a couple of filters with the units about 1 year ago and I've just changed filter for the 1st time and only because I felt I should and not because I felt it needed it. Mind you the water in our area is ok usually so it's not putting the unit under any serious strain.

I've a second unit fitted in a mobile home in Wexford and the water there is not so good. It lasted all last summer without a problem.

Cal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I had that filter (the glass size one) from EW. Lasted about a month. Then they upgraded us a bigger filter about the size of a video player (maybe bigger) It cools the water aswell.. Cost €80 to replace the filter thing every year and a half or so

EW seem to think the filter I've got now should last at least 6 months, but I think the pricing of the crowd suggested by Cal is more attractive

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement