Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roger Corman Movies

• 02-05-2005 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend any good movies from the man himself?

Not so much good movies, as they are hilarious low budget movies I know. Im interested in any horror/gore/action/sci fi movies he did.

If anyone could recommend any, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Chapters sell a bunch of horror dvds with three movies per disc, 2 discs for EUR5. They've got a load of Roger Corman stuff on them - I just got through watching a Bucket of Blood with the amazing Dick Miller.

Other good stuff he's got is Deathsport with David Carradine. Bizarre in just how awful it is. My favourite is "Gas-s-s-s... or, It May Become Necessary to Destroy the World in Order to Save It". A little hard to track down, but strangely, it's probably the one movie of his that gets played most on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

One of the ones that he produced here in Ireland in the 90's is particularly funny...

It was called Escape to Nowhere when I saw it.. but I think it has several different titles.

It's amazingly bad... and a girl I went to college with is one of the main characters in it and she gets her kit off... that was very funny too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Chapters sell a bunch of horror dvds with three movies per disc, 2 discs for EUR5

Whats chapters?

I would LOVE to see that one made in Ireland..... :)

I got one of his movies the last day, and before the feature, it has a clip of bits of all his movies, some of them looked so damn ridiculous....in a very watchable humourous kinda way

Edit - I have his movie, the Fantastic Four - now THAT is a crap movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Whats chapters?
    Chapters is a fantastic book store on Abbey Street in Dublin. They have a DVD section upstairs that sometimes turns up some gems. Like the horror triple feature DVDs I mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Cool....Too bad I don't live in Dublin.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Death Race 2000. You can pick it up cheap on play.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You should looking out for his classic Poe adaptions not his New Concorde studio era! In the early 80s he produced a few gory Alien ripoffs like Galaxy Of Terror, Forbidden World and stuff like Monsters/Humaniods of the Deep in which slimy reptiles rape the wimmin folk (directed by a woman too!) Do a search on www.imdb.com Avoid any of his cable TV remakes.

Oh no Roger dont do it!

Mike.

If you're looking for Escape to Nowhere then you should try it's alternate title House of the Damned.

I was talking to someone I know a few days ago and he was telling me that a few years ago he met Jeffrey Combs in Galway, while they were filming some Roger Corman film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

the following ones I like

Bloody Mama
    The Day The World Ended
    Gas-s-s-s
    The Intruder
    The Pit And The Pendelum
    The Trip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

If you're looking for Escape to Nowhere then you should try it's alternate title House of the Damned.
    Actually I went and checked this morning. The imported NTSC copy I have is called "Spectre". So there is yet another title for you... ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭George White

He was always reissuing films with different titles. In the 70s, he made a film called Cockfighter with Warren Oates, flopped, released as born to kill, floppped, then Gambling Man. Sometimes, these films would play at the same cinemas at the same time.
    It was what b-movie companies did.

He was always reissuing films with different titles. In the 70s, he made a film called Cockfighter with Warren Oates, flopped, released as born to kill, floppped, then Gambling Man. Sometimes, these films would play at the same cinemas at the same time.
    It was what b-movie companies did.

Cockfighter was directed by Monte Hellman not Roger Corman.

He produced it. Yeh, it was Monte Hellman. He'd had a flop with Two-Lane Blacktop and needed to go back to Corman to make another film!

Both films are great!

Good to see you from zeta minor! I was madeleymade!

Good to see you from zeta minor! I was madeleymade!

Nice one - it's a good spot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

IT LIVES!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Great scott, seven year bump!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement