Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone unlocking in Cork

Options
  • 02-05-2005 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

I have a Nokia 7600 I want unlocked, anyone know of a place or places that do it in Cork ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I need a proper hardware unlocking now, thus why I'm looking for a place in Cork. I've tried using a DCT4 unlocking app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

I had to get my 3650 toatally reflashed and I got it done in a place called K-Cell communications in the marina Business Park. Was bout €20 i think. There is also a place on the tramore road can't remember the name though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Does that crowd do flash os upgrades too? Been meaning to get my SL55 updated for ages.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I got my 6230 Hardware unlocked there, but he actually sends them to the place in North Main street shopping centre. He does all phones, i lost his card but call in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Phoney faces on corner of north main st and castle st. either that or your network will unlock it if you've spent over 130 ero with em, all they'll need is the imei and phone model.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Thats the place i completed forgot the name :) I think its 20 Euro for unlocking
    TOPDAWG wrote:
    Phoney faces on corner of north main st and castle st. either that or your network will unlock it if you've spent over 130 ero with em, all they'll need is the imei and phone model.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

dahamsta wrote:
    Does that crowd do flash os upgrades too? Been meaning to get my SL55 updated for ages.

adam

You're as well off downloading the update off the siemens site and installing it yourself over serial cable? (I have a serial cable which you can borrow, should you need one) I mention it because if you or anyone else screws up the update, you don't have it covered by warranty. And outside of the repair centre up in dublin there's nowhere you can get it done officially (meaning as far as I know that there's nowhere that can undo the damage if it does go pearshaped). Used to work for the phone desk over in siemens, that was one of those things they were (and probably still are, I should think) very cagey about...

let me know if you want that cable, I can bring it on friday if you like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I have the cable, but the last time I looked at the European site the update was miles behind. I'll have another look.

adam

Advertisement