Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture LimerickCompetition Thread (dial up death)

Options
  • 02-05-2005 4:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I am going to hold a competition for the month of may. All you have to do is take a photograph of Limerick City. The picture can be of anything to do with Limerick city. It does not matter if it is of a place or an event or just something you happen to see that you think will look good as a photograph.

I am offering a prize to the value of €50 of a voucher for a store of the winners choice, provided said store has a outlet in Limerick City.

Here is what you need to know first.
    • Users can enter as many photographs as they like.
    • Each photograph must come with a description, stating what the photograph is of, and what kind of camera was used to take the picture.
    • The photographs must be your own. Anyone found to be using copywrited material and claiming it to be their own work will be disqualified and banned permanently from the forum.
    • The photograph must have been taken during the month of May 2005.
    • Please try to keep your pictures no wider than 700 pixels
    • My decision on who the winner is will be final.
    • Those with moderating abilities over the Limerick City Forum are prohibited from entering.

The closing date for the competition is 29/5/2004, and a winner shall be chosen by 1/6/2005.

If you have no where to host your image, or do not know how to host an image, then you can e-mail it to me by clicking [competition now closed] and I will host the pictures for you.

If you are sending your photograph to me by email then you will need to include your boards.ie username as well as your description of the photograph being submitted.

Remember, you dont have to be a master photographer to enter,

If you have any further questions, send me a PM or start a new thread, this thread will be only for entries.

Anyways, Good luck to all those entering.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 doda

thank you for suggesting this Billy!
    I find it also an interesting way to share people's different perspectives and experiences within the city.
    Great idea! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Thank you doda and welcome to the forum.

If anyone has any other comments you can put them in this thread, as the other one is only for entries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Unsticky this!!!

The new posts are half way down the page, this doesnt need to be stickyed so please take it off!

I want to keep entries and comments/questions separate so stickying this is necessary. and its only while the competition is running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

Well I suppose I'd better get this started!

Taken last night (May 3rd) from Lwr Cecil Street. A photo of The Clarion Hotel, Shannon Bridge and River Shannon at night.

limerick1.jpg

Camera: Concord 3103, 3.1 megapixel digital camera

• Advertisement

Just so you know, I'm going to also host your images here once they have been submitted. this should make viewing them near the end of the month, a little easier.

I had hoped to host them on the photopost facility on boards, but it seems to be buggered at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

There's two over there --->http://homepage.eircom.net/~jonstapleton/limerick_may.htm

Fuji S5000........... taken around Roxboro Rd. & Janesboro

Just a quick note to let you know that now that photopost on boards.ie is working for me again, I am now able to host the pictures here on boards.

This is better because I can now add a description of each of the pictures that are submitted.

http://www.boards.ie/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=5617

there is the link anyways.

Another feature here is that you can add comments, so be nice to those who submitted entries.

For some reason I can never get a camera to capture the scene I see , it just never looks the same , maybe it's a depth of field thing that a camera can't capture . Also , while talking about this with a friend of mine who would take alot of pictures around the town trying different things , we came to the conclusion that , unless you are very good with photoshop you can't get a decent picture without rubbish down the sides of the streets or a mound of rubble somewhere in it .

I do feel that , for someone with the right equipment and the right conditions , a picture taken from the new bridge , from the new building(when it is complete) to the clarion with the main focus being on the red brick church in the middle would make a nice photo of the dock area . But thats for another day ......

it also depends really on the time of the day also. I took pictures of the clarion and the riverpoint building but they didnt look great because it was evening and the light wasnt great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

heres a view from my sitting room window in moyross
    the guys sitting on the chairs watchin the fire afterwards chucked those chairs into the fire
    picture taken on finepix s5000z on 01/05/2005 at 01.03am.

when was the pictue taken donutheadhomer?

sorry billy i forget to put that in so i edited the original message

no worries, thanks.

Ok i have a few.... i used a 'praktica dcz 3.2 D'! All the pics were taken on Saturday May 21st

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dapainful/album?.dir=b3f6&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos
    Click the above link to go through all the pics if the links below do not work

limerick_man those links don't work. try uploading them to photobucket or somewhere else

Added another to that page of St.John's Catheral , taken with the S5000 from Donoughmore on the southside .

http://homepage.eircom.net/~jonstapleton/limerick_may.htm

I've added a link so now it should work!

nice photos but now my head hurts from turning it sideways

moshpit77 wrote:
    limerick_man those links don't work. try uploading them to photobucket or somewhere else

I will be adding them to the photo galery in boards photopost shortly so all the images will work then.

The link can be found in my signiture

• Advertisement

why is my photo gone from the site billy?

your photo is on page 2

moshpit77 wrote:
    nice photos but now my head hurts from turning it sideways

fixed in the galery. moving all these queries to the correct thread

08 = Irelands best example of gergian arcitecture, down by perrys square!
    09 = This statue shows limericks sporting side
    05 = the famous old view of king johns castle
    04 = my fav. pic, where the modern meets the historical (love that view)
    01 = this shows the hussle and bussle (and diversity) of limerick city
    03 = this shows the development being put into limerick
    02 = the clarion. its cool the way the building reflects off the water

Here u go billy ( BTW i would prefer the other pic of the statue of the hurler and rugby guy)

Thanx!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

hey, couldnt post pics here so sent em to your email..

Good idea on the competition..

shepthedog. I have your images and they have been uploaded to the galery. the link is in my sig.

Your boards.ie nick was not included in the email, so you can ignore my request for it now that I have it.

today is the last chance to submit images for the competition: get them in before midnight tonight (saturday)
    08 = Irelands best example of gergian arcitecture, down by perrys square!
    09 = This statue shows limericks sporting side
    05 = the famous old view of king johns castle
    04 = my fav. pic, where the modern meets the historical (love that view)
    01 = this shows the hussle and bussle (and diversity) of limerick city
    03 = this shows the development being put into limerick
    02 = the clarion. its cool the way the building reflects off the water

Here u go billy ( BTW i would prefer the other pic of the statue of the hurler and rugby guy)

I have the two images of the hurlers on my HD. I will add the other image in a few minutes.

Edit : Sorted.....i hope

here's another entry from me

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/richie_moshpit/shannon.jpg

taken on saturday may 21st

view of the river with people coming back in over the bridge from the limerick v tipp match

Time's Up!

both threads merged. will be restickifying(is that a word) the links and things to do in threads shortly.

I am going to post all entries in the order they were submitted for your edification shortly.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement