Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rats in UL

Options
  • 02-05-2005 5:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭

now im big and manly but ,my word there are loads of rats in UL (not the james hewitt type of course the rodent type,although...) fair enough ive seem them coming in the main entrance by plassey which is fairly woody and what have you but c'mon, i've seen them near the library on the pat and walking thru dromroe,its like a freaking farmyard at times

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

mmm i've noticed a few coming up the main entrance. Never anywhere else.

Sissy.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

rats? I assume you dont mean real people right? :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Seen a rat by the fountain by the lib and a friend of mine freked out when she saw a mouse just at the entrance to the ski slopes.Sommit need doing fast.

Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Pussies!

That's the answer! Get some pussy cats and they will get rid of all the rats and line them up neatly outside the ski-slope!

Problem solved!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Sergeant Horse

actually yeah, im hearing there are alot of rats around, know what you do?

GO TO THE WELFARE OFFICER IN THE SU.

he's there to sort these sort of problems out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

i cant see the welfare officer going puttin down rat poison tbh, anyhoo isnt it meant to be the universitys job? anyone walking by dromroe will see rat bait holders, no dead rats though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I was walking from the Library to the Stables and a rat ran right across me on the path!

They Are Everywhere!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

well thats cos they come up from down by the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

They have those rat poison holders everywhere but in four years I've never seen someone going around filling them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

there was a problem with them in ucd too, there was lots of construction/disturbance by the lake, reckon thats what moved them to different areas.

i'd be seriously worried about them though, manly or not f*ck knows what you'd get if they bit you :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 excalibur__17

:D
    i saw a rat one day in the bottom floor of the foundation building just walking around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 1 User Name

A similar (but probably not as bad!!) concern is the amount of birds around the stables courtyard. There's just bird sh*t everywhere. A mate of mine was eating a roll there and a bird shat right into it when he was half way through. It kind of put me off the stables coutyard, much prefer sitting outside scholars now. Pest problem altogether on campus!!

they come from the dirt of thorbars room!! ;)

A similar (but probably not as bad!!) concern is the amount of birds around the stables courtyard. There's just bird sh*t everywhere. A mate of mine was eating a roll there and a bird shat right into it when he was half way through. It kind of put me off the stables coutyard, much prefer sitting outside scholars now. Pest problem altogether on campus!!

LMFAO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

i read your thread the other day, and until this morning i had NEVER seen a rat in UL. (aside from my house in college court last year, but thats a different story...) i think u jinxed me, a huge rat ran in front of my bike earlier. strangely enough i was outside the entrance to college court at the time...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Did he / she finish it?

Advertisement