Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

• 02-05-2005 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Ok, I've bought a Belkin Wireless G usb adapter (F5D7050), the one in the argos catalog. I installed it no problem and surf the web etc without difficulty. However, after about 10 mins the connection drops all together. Even when it's working the belkin link monitor shows a connection to my router but not the web. My wireless router is a Linksys BEFW11s4 Wireless B and I also have a linksys wireless game adapter in my xbox. I'm running win 98 SE on the problem pc. Does anyone know what to do? Is it a compatability issue? Whats weird is that it works for awhile then stops. The signal strength remains on 76%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

I would be looking more in the direction of your wireless router. I had a linksys wag54g and had serious problems with the wireless disconnecting all by it'self. I read on many forums and i wasn't the only person having this problems with Linksys equipment.

I would recommend updating the firmware on the router for a start and then take it from there.

Have a look on this forum too....there's plenty of good information on linksys routers.

http://www.linksysinfo.org

Good Luck !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnMorrissey

Well, I have my xbox connected wirelessly and theres never been a dropped connection, still works fine. Same thing with this wired computer.

Advertisement