Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me!

Options
  • 02-05-2005 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi all,

Just writing here because i have no where else to turn.
    Since breaking up with my girlfriend at start of feb my life has deteriorated so much that its scaring me. It was my fault we broke up and i was gutted but even though i am actually over it now, the rest of my life has gone downhill.

I am in debt and i have no-one to turn to. I alrdy have a loan im paying off from bank, and an overdraft. I have borrowed of my parents and definitely cannot ask them again. even though i am working as much as i can, i just cant seem to catch up ... and i need to... quick.

Im really depressed as i cant discuss it with any1 and i have no idea what to do to catch up and its worrying me that im thinking bad thoughts now about myself and the future. im usually an outgoing person but cant get out of this rut im stuck in.

I need help/advice ... if any1 has any :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

www.mabs.ie for debt problems free service.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

So your problem is you are in debt (but your working) and your depressed. Part of the reason for your depression may be this sinking feeling. So solving that may help, then again it may not. But your more immediate worry is your finances. There is a very simple and easy way to catch up. Cut down on your spending seriously.. Do out a list of all expenses and see what's costing you loads and either cut it out completely or economise. No token effort will do, you must cut down such that it makes a significant difference to your cash flow. It's pretty simple to do, there is nothing difficult inherant. It's whether you want to do it enough though..

mabs will help you if you with the cutting down but at the end of the day it's up to you. You are the nicotine addict, do you have the will power to give up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

I found that writing a letter to your bank explaining your situation can really help you out.

I had to do it end of last year after I was very ill throughout the year and was trying to stabilise myself again financially, now have a well paid job, which I got at that time and wrote a two page letter to my AIB branch, explaining, what had happened, how much debt I have and split it up for them as well, and asked very nicely if they could organise a loan for me to cover everything, so I only have one fixed payment, ..... they did it as well, they were great, called me the same day they got the letter and had everythign sorted withing the weel of me posting the letter to them, really gave me a huge lift, the only thing you have to remember is that you will need to stay out of debt after that.

The situation in my case was a bit different as it was due to illness that I couldn't work the full time, but the understood the situation and saw that I was getting back together again and just wanted a fresh start.

so, enough of the long windedness, I ould recommend to maybe do the same, show them on paper what you owe, and how much you have on costs, and also what you are earning at this time, banks aren't always bad, and oh yeah, make sure you put on the envelope tht it should go to the manager of your branch

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Trustful

Thanks for the words guys,

I have cut back spending and i know if i can get on top of it ill be able to continue .. just everything going out at once!

now to find a way to make quick money!
    any1 need the lawn mowed ha :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

The credit union will give you a loan to consolidate your debts. You can cover it all with their help, and then pay them pack at your own pace. They won't hound you, unlike the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Trustful

Unfortunately im not part of a credit union. You have to be with one for 13 weeks or something before they think of giving you a loan .. and its shorter term help i need.

but thanks 4 reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Moved from Personal Issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 the vivster

i no exsactly how u feel im in the same situation , i owe alot of money to the bank and the interest is adding up by the day so your not on ur dont worry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

i no exsactly how u feel im in the same situation , i owe alot of money to the bank and the interest is adding up by the day so your not on ur dont worry!

Viv i have never heard so much lies in all my life.
    Have you one life in these forums and a different
    life at home because you are loaded.

Bud it looks to me that ur in the same situation im in right now
    iv just broke up with my girlfriend of three years who i still
    love but just cant trust and its killing me then i owe a lot of money
    along with that, the way i look at it things could be a hell of a lot
    worse i know people that are in some bad situations my advise
    to you is forget the girl take things easy chill out someday your
    money problems will be over and you`l wonder why you were so
    upset in the fist place.

Advertisement