Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

R Megane with exhaust pipe "dropped"

Options
  • 02-05-2005 12:40pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Better half in Kells with the exhaust pipe of a Renault Megane dropped, its the bit from where the "engine piece" connects and it hanging 4-5".
    Not drivable in current condition.
    Would like the contact number of a reliable mechanic around Kells (Meath) that could take a look and tie her - the dropped bit - up securely so she can get back home where repair will be taken care of
    Obviously the earlier a response, I'd appreciate as there are my two little ones with her.
    She's in relative's house now so if needs be could wait until tomorrow.

Tks guys!!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

does she have AA cover? if not cheaper just to drive it with it hanging down probably, than paying to tow it, the cat if its near there and the oxygen sensor wires may need to be replaced though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

no AA cover, can't be driven because the "pipe" in connected to the back still and hanging down under the front wheels bit, so the "down" bit is facing forward.
    No advance tyre/kwik fits around either Kells/Navan accourding to the web

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If the bit hanging is just the foward middle section then what you need is a couple of jubilee clips and a section of thin metal. Any motors factors will sell such a kit for about tenner.

http://im.edirectory.co.uk/products/225/i/holtshl1.jpg

it's hanging right where it meets the engine "piece"
    I rang the RAC and they gave me a number of a local guy, who in fairness said I'd be better off to wait till tomorrow and get it fixed properly at a local garage call "Spirit Motors", what with the kids and all and the fact there is fec all space to work with/tie upp, I am going to go for that option.
    Bit of an adventure for the kids I suppose
    tks anyhow for replies, those bit clips are handy to know about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

There is an independent out on the gardenrath road - Garden Rath Garages in the phone book.

<edit>have never delt with him myself, but he's the only independent that I know if in Kells - apart from that there is McKeons (BMW & Mitsuhi) who will charge a small fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

must be a tyre changing place there somewhere

the car got "fixed" on Tuesday, some extra work carried out even though the missus said just fix the issue, anyhow arrived back with car with new "back-box", not a happy camper, when reversing the car there is huge "scraping/banging" noise coming from under the gear-box.
    Dropped car off to local Renault garage, bad job, needs redoing, not a big job
    work "guaranteed" but arsed if Im going on a 4 hour round trip to get wrongs sorted
    conclusion, dont recommend Spirit motors in Kells.

Advertisement