Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DFI mobo problem.

• 02-05-2005 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

ok my problem is this, and has been for the past 3 days. Im on the edge here. :(

Ok first off, all the parts are on the floor and all connected and im using the power on and reset buttons on the mobo to do my work. (nothing is in my case) So my grphics card is in the first pci slot and iv two ram modules in slot 2 and 4. iv my cpu in and my XP120 on it. DVD-RW is connected and so is my 15gig drive. Power supply is connected too.

Now when i try to power up it gives me a continuous beep (load beep) and nothing on my screen. So i turn it off and clear the cmos. Boot up again and it works, very odd. My 15gig has windows installed. All im doing here is changing my mobo. So it loads windows and gets to my desktop and no problems. Until i need to restart my computer and guess what? It wont restart and gives me the same load beeps and nothing on my screen.

So i re-clear my cmos and reboot and it works. But i shut down the computer again and it wont reboot. So what the fu<k is going on?

So i changed my harddrive (40gig) and installed windows on that. It formatted the drive and installed windows right up to where u have to restart your pc half way. So she gets to that point and restarts but then says "Error loading operating system". Cant go any further.

So what can i do? i know that all the parts are working as they are just pulled from my rig (again all im changing here is my mobo, from a chaintech to a DFI) So my motherboard is the only part here that isnt 100% certain.

But if she can get to a windows screen and do basic applications, what could be the problem?

Help needed bad here. Any ideas?

Cheers :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

what windows version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

a continuous beep would indicate a video or memory problem, reseat them and check all your connections

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭DirtyHarry

Xp home. iv tried several times resetting them, ram wont work in slot 2 for some strange reason and will work in slot 4. Though it was working in dual channel before. :(

i know the continuous beeps could be the ram but they were working perfect in dual channel before on my chaintech mobo. So why not now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

couldn't say for sure, you could reference the mobo manual for the proper arrangement, but i doubt its as simple as that

i know the manual inside out by this stage, theres alot of jumpers and so on but iv got them all on default, so i dont know whats the problem.

im honestly stumped :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

your best bet would be to post on www.dfi-street.com the people there know them mobo's inside out.
    I've had no problems at all with my dfi mobo (except random ut crashes, seems sorted now)

iv posted on DFI-Street but no help there yet.

any ideas here?

Advertisement