Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guildwars - looking for guild

Options
  • 02-05-2005 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Anybody interested in hiring me for a guild? im a level 8 Ranger/Monk

even if anybody wants to party for a while, pm me
    cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

I got a guild invite yesterday from some complete random stranger, but I didn't bother accepting, I'd rather join some sort of Irish guild.

I'd go for a bit of hunting with you (R8 myself), but I only play in the wee hours! 12am - 4am usually. If anybody here is usually on at that time gimme a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

guys ye got msn messenger or something so we get in contact, i will get guild wars in the post in few hours from play.com, think we can meet up and make a guild?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I'd be on for joining an Irish guild too.

dam postman hasnt come yet :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I've ordered my copy.. Should be here ina few days. I'll hassle ye when I get on.

While I'm posting, what's your general thoughts on it? I hear the whole grinding aspect is minimal. From the reviews I've read, the feedback has been very mixed. Those who didn't like it hated it and those who liked it loved it.. Since there are no fees, I'm pretty much gunna try it out for myself. If I don't like it, I can always grind back on warcraft..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Ive posted a bit in the other thread. It's capped at lvl 20, so that would be achievable comparitively quickly when we look at other games. And you can always instantly teleport to the big cities which cuts down travel times. I don't like it as an RPG, but I do like it for the PvP arenas.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Well I started up a guild, "An Cuallacht", which apparently means "Guild" in Irish...I'm very imaginative...anybody is welcome to join, get yourself a free Green/Gold Celtic guild cape which I had to shell out 2,000 gold for... :(

Add me on MSN if you wanna meet up for a game: broken_semaphore@hotmail.com

what district you on? wanna meet me in ascalon, i cn make a character to join your guild and ill have my character that im lvl 5 on for my swedish friends guild :D

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

how many servers is the game stretched across or like eve online everyone is on the one server?

24 european servers/districts as ive seen so far, i got a lvl 6 necromancer/ranger and a lvl 2 warrior so far in bout 4 hours. add lodhs80@hotmail.com on ur msn messenger if ur up for a bit of questing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

EVERYTHING is on one server. Americans, Europeans, Koreans all of it. If you put in a european address then you will be set into the european districts, and in order to play with your american friends you need to go to the international districts.
    With everything on one server all the guilds fight in the halls of heroes for entry to certain places. Only one area (Europe,America etc...) can have access to these area at any time.

If your really serious about wanting to be in a guild with good people, then check out Evo-guild.com they will be expanding for GW in the coming week. They are great players and cool guys.

By serious I don't mean we are A-holes, we just like active players.

got lvl 1-7 on ncro/ranger today, lvl 2 on warrior

im lvl 10 now, u can join my guild if u like, in-game name is niall deathmaster

Man, like I said, if you really wanna get into it then Evolution would be a good place to try. The forums are all set up already. The Teamspeak server is there 24/7. We already have 2 lvl 20 RP toons (Myself and a Friend) and plenty more on the way through.

u playing now?

Dude, I have not slept for the last 24hours because I was playing it! Don't lure me back in! I was in the hall of heroes for the last 6 hours or so :D

I will hook up with you some day hopefully, but for now, my bed awaits.

{EDIT} "Meliorate Knight"

you lasted inside the hall of heros for 6 hours? how many fame points u got lol? most i lasted was 3 rounds beating them koreans lol, then we bumped into a hard team.

lol no no no. I was playing in the Hall for 6 hours. I kept dying and going back in for more :D.

We got 4 rounds in, twice. It is VERY difficult without all in-house players.

i had a little play around there, got 3000 exp from kills but oh my god, the amount of noobs, i hope i get a guild togther quickly so we can maybe use teamspeak and own the halll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

EVERYTHING is on one server. Americans, Europeans, Koreans all of it. If you put in a european address then you will be set into the european districts, and in order to play with your american friends you need to go to the international districts.
    Another way to play with American friends is to go to Edit Account on the bottom left-hand corner after you log in, and Change Territory to US - then instead of the European and International districts in the drop-down menu in the game it'll have US districts and International districts. You can only change that 5 times though.
    I've played this a little bit, as I've kinda finished CoH (not terribly interested in the arena), and, while it's a fun game, the community seems to be a bunch of asshats, and it's putting me off playing. I had just started the post-searing game, and everyone was screaming in broadcast, calling each other FAGGOTS and ****. Unbelievable I know; I've never seen anything like that in CoH (the only other MMO i've played).

Advertisement