Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom keeps disconnecting

• 02-05-2005 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭

i dont know if this happens to anyone else, but my internet keeps disconnecting every 2-3 hours. i have to turn off and on my modem to get it working again. it happens when im using bit torrent clients so i theres no point downloading something over night which is when i wanna download things.

i have eircom home starter.

any help would be great.

also i wanna run xlink kai but it requires port forwarding. i was wondering if it will f*ck up my connection and do any permanent damage?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

nobody know why they disconnect, sometimes mine does that too.

are your speeds constant? meaning that if you reach 215kb/s does it stay there or maybe fall sometimes to 150kb/s and then goes back up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

it flucuates a lot but it wont go below 120bps.

pain in the hole really. some days its grand other days its terrible.

the contention ratio isnt even that bad, so i dunno what it is :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dublin24

yeah it keeps happening to me as well, thats why i have NTL coming out tomorrow in install there line!

im on the 2mb package with eircom yet when i do my ip test i only get 1.3 mbs. so im getting the 1.5 with NTL free for 3 months then in june i will be upgraded to 3mbs

yay

wow what a lucky guy :)

I dream of ntl but never seem to move into the area that has it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Hi Niall MC
    There's a couple of settings in the router that disconnect the connection after a certain time. Although this is after "no internet activity", the router may not recognise the downloading as this. It's worth a try to change the time out to see if it works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

I was having the same problem with eircom going down, Finally said
    "Enough is Enough" goodbye eircom , hello Chours. have had no problem
    Since. :)

OK I've been disconnected for like 15mins now, and my download speed after connection finally stabilized is:

snag0003ko.jpg

this SUCKS!

Advertisement