Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom.net email autoforwarding?

Options
  • 02-05-2005 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I have an email account @eircom.net - had it about 7 years roughly. It's clogged with spam and I want to autoforward all email received at the eircom.net account to a new gmail account, let it handle majority of the spam, and then download from the gmail account via POP?

Is it possible to do an autoforward on a eircom.net account so that all the mail is diverted to gmail account. I don't want to download any of the email to the eircom.net account. I'm doing this currently and letting filtering software on outlook sort the spam but it's still time consuming.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

nope, eircom don't forward non-business mail.

www.mailsweeper.net

not as quick as gmail, but might help you out in making things quicker. you only view the headers and then choose what to delete from there. think it has a blacklist checker too now, but not 100% sure as I've not used it for yonks (i don't get spam since i changed my mail account 4 years ago, and have been careful who gets the address).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Goto
    http://www.mail2web.com/
    and your able to log in under your Eircom password, and then delete the ones you don't want.

not much good if he has 3000 emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

could use jbmail (free download) to purge the account... if he had 3000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Get the a/c disabled for a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Eircom Net supports POP3 retrieval for all users on any ISP (sending requires that you be on an EircomNet IP).

You can just POP3 them out into Pegasus, Thunderbird or whatever and then filter them.

However if you've been using the web interface you out of luck as once you log into it it moves all your mail into another (non POP able AFAIK) folder on their server.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Is there any software that delete the emails based on the header ?
    Or alternatively reject all emails from addresses not on a white list.

Or just send an email to everyone you [strike]know[/strike] trust telling them of your new address and get a second sacrifical email address for online signups etc.

it looks like mailsweeper has been bought out and turned into some sort of mutant corporate app. shame, as it would have done just about everything you wanted.

ah well. i think i have a copy of the old version somewhere if you want. It was freeware at the time, so PM me your email address (not the buggered one) and I'll forward it on to you if you like tonight when I get home from work.

Advertisement