Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

card reading...

Options
  • 02-05-2005 3:28pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

So I have a question, I have only been reading cards for the last 2 1/2 years and I have found I have a knack for it.
    I learned though that when reading someones cards having thier energy is important, as in when I have them shuffle the cards they place thier energy on them...
    SO my question is this:

How do people say they can read your cards on the phone? I mean, how would they have your energy? I havnt tried it because I believe the person should be sitting with you, how accurate can teh reading be if I read someones cards over the phone that I didnt know? I cant make sense of it.

Anyone else read cards that knows how to answer that question?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

I used to read the cards years ago, I've done various readings via the internet, much the same as the fone, once I have a connection to the sitter the information comes through. I didn't necessarily require others to shuffle the cards, I would ask them when I was shuffling to tell me when to stop, works the same. Energy is not confined or limited to any particular place.
    I 've done various other kinds of readings (mediumship) particularly via the internet, I almost find this easier to do, it's almost as if the energy is enhanced (often the readings were like automatic writing, the energy would just flow onto the page) the distance doesn't negate the energy or vibrations and once you can read it is all that matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

solas wrote:
    I 've done various other kinds of readings (mediumship) particularly via the internet, I almost find this easier to do, it's almost as if the energy is enhanced
    That would chime with experiences I've had, not of readings per se, but of shared psychic or mystical experiences. The lack of context that can make Internet or phone communication "incomplete" can help prevent distractions or reading body language too much.

That said, having someone shuffle the Tarot deck for a reading is a good way of getting their energy into the reading.

The biggest problem with commercial phone readings is knowing who you are getting. Really I'd personally want to have a sense of the person doing the reading before I'd trust them (but I'm rather spoiled in having extremely good readers that I could get to do me a reading as a friend or knowing that I'd do them some favour down the line). I know one phone reader and she is someone I would be happy to have do a reading for me, and I do know that at least the company she works with takes some measures to weed out phoneys but I still would have misgivings. Still as I said, I'm in a fortunate position in this regard so I can have all the misgivings I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭chebe

I've been reading for nearly a decade, but it's only recently I've tried reading for people that are absent. I also like to get people to shuffle the deck, but until now everyone I'd talked to hated people to touch their cards! Anyway, in person is great but sometimes a little overpowering. Whereas when someone is not actually with you, but has requested a reading you can tune into their energy (a bit vague, huh), and knowing their question helps considerably as well. But don't you consider the sound of someone's voice energy?

chebe wrote:
    but until now everyone I'd talked to hated people to touch their cards!
    Precisely because it does help get their energy into the reading. Many people will have someone shuffle the deck while they are reading for them, but not like them to touch the cards beyond that, and certainly not flicking through looking at the artwork for an extended lenght of time, because then their energy affects the deck too much.
    chebe wrote:
    you can tune into their energy (a bit vague, huh)
    LOL, yes, it's hard to be eloquent about this stuff sometimes. In particular I quite dislike the term "energy" in this sense (I know some physics, I know what energy is, and what we're talking about is perhaps not completely unconnected, but it's not energy) but it remains probably the best term for getting what one means across.

Ahh here comes the Physics versus Chemistry debate! I've done a few years of Chemistry myself and the way we needed to think about states of matter differed (from what I gathered, never actually did Physics) from the Physics train of thought. I believe the electromagnetic field surrounding a person, the electricity of their brain, and their spirit/aura are all highly interconnected. Meaning that from the sound of someone's voice you can attune to them. Not nearly as strongly as close proximity but it's still there. But then again I find listening to long dead singers very strange!

• Advertisement

chebe wrote:
    Ahh here comes the Physics versus Chemistry debate!
    More physics versus metaphysics :)
    chebe wrote:
    I believe the electromagnetic field surrounding a person, the electricity of their brain, and their spirit/aura are all highly interconnected.
    I believe so too, at the same time while interconnected I do not believe they are one and the same. As I said I'd say that what we are calling "energy" here is not entirely unconnected to energy in the sense of physics (or for that matter chemistry) but not the same either. The electromagnetic field surrounding someone is energy in the physics sense, the aura energy in the sense we mean when discussing readings (and energy-work and a few other things).

It's just all semantics isn't it! But you should have seen how freaked I was going home on the bus the day our lecture informed us that our atoms were mostly air and that at any given time about 5% of them were unaccounted for and could be the other side of the room! Made me feel I was melting into the seat and the person beside me! Lol.

Then perhaps it's based on the person's level of skill/ability? Assuming they aren't fakes, perhaps it involves a stronger pyshic sense than is normally required?

Advertisement