Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying US PC Games Online?

Options
  • 02-05-2005 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭

The sticky at the top of the forum covers mainly console games. I want to know where is the best place to buy US PC games online? Psychonauts came out last Friday, and I want to buy it. Its not out in Europe for a few months at least, so I want to see if I can pick it up online.

I tried Amazon.com, but they don't ship PC games outside the US. I checked eBay, but they only have PS2 and Xbox at the moment.

DVDBoxOffice.com have it, but I hear they're slow to deliver.

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

you should try gamestop - www.gamestop.com. they ship through fed ex or ups so you might have to pay a certain fee on delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Spotted that advice in the sticky. I want to try and avoid extra charges if possible. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

gamestop pretty much own all the big name game stores like electronic boutique and game. would you not try www.play.com. free worldwide shipping and generally cheaper

Play don't stock import games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Pretty sure I saw this title on NCSXshop.com last night...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

pscyho does indeed look good for anyone who hasnt seen or heard about it.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/922157.asp?q=Psychonauts

averaging 92% and looks weird yet strangley good.

kdjac

Wertz wrote:
    Pretty sure I saw this title on NCSXshop.com last night...
    Not for PC. There is no shortage of places to buy this on Xbox or PS2. I want the PC version.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

just download it now and then buy it when it comes out in Ireland.

The thought crossed my mind, but its 5 CDs (over 2gb).
    I'll keep looking.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

well whatever you do do NOT go with gamestop, theyre a nightmare with extra charges, DUTY, then a charge to process duty then VAT, and VAT on the charge also, insane, you end up paying twice the price play.com are good if they ahve the game in stock

• Advertisement
Advertisement