Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Queue for the Restaurant!

Options
  • 02-05-2005 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

:eek:
    Imgp0099.jpg

This was at three or three thirty this evening...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Eeek!

I'm really hoping that it's just because it's a bank holiday, and it won't be like that all week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

well that's what happens when ur stuck in a campus in the middle of no where......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

woah...chances of finding a seat in the library tomorrow before the exams are.....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

well that's what happens when ur stuck in a campus in the middle of no where......
    Your a Trinity head right? Well then a) why are you always here?! b) The geographical location matters little as far as I can see, it's the services provided that count. c) Nowhere? The majority of your college comes from (or wants to come from) this area.

Pffft.

Obviously a nice generalisation...but we're on the UCD board so

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Its because its a bank holiday and the library closes at 5 and everywhere else to study on campus is closed.
    They only let a certain amount in restuarant and they make you sign in, opens at 4 so hence the queue.
    Wont be like that other days.

• Advertisement

a) why are you always here?!

why not.
    b) The geographical location matters little as far as I can see, it's the services provided that count.

well if the geographical location was closer to alternatives there wouldn't be such queues.
    c) Nowhere? The majority of your college comes from (or wants to come from) this area.

..ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

why on earth don't they open up the library for you guys?! thats riduclous, i mean my sister's exams are on tuesday in UCD and she had to queue for a half an hour just to get a seat in the restauraunt. Talk about goverment cutbacks! Hanafin should do something about this. i heard on the radio that she's going to have all the colleges competing against each other for funding in the future rather then giving each college a set amount.

It just said it was open...until 5. Sheesh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

nobody wants to come from belfield, or clonskeagh, or donnybrook, or stillorgan. it's a hole. a load of concrete sheds in a savannah plain somewhere near the stillorgan dualler, roysh, and we're talking totally here. it's soulless, it's like a focking ghost town. whatever about services, if you want to grab a pint after a lecture in trinity you're nipping across the road. if you want to do the same in ucd you'll need a sleeping bag, a rucksack, food, skis, flares (incase you get lost) and whatever else you generally need when you're going on an expedition in the hills. oh, and the old dear's micra.

if you want to grab a pint after a lecture in trinity you're nipping across the road. if you want to do the same in ucd you'll need a sleeping bag, a rucksack, food, skis, flares (incase you get lost) and whatever else you generally need when you're going on an expedition in the hills. oh, and the old dear's micra

hehehehehhh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I was trying to find myself in the picture but I couldn't. Joined the queue at 3:30 and finally got in at 5:00 - one and a half hours waiting! Its not always like that though, just on weekends and bank holidays cos the other buildings all close real early. Good thing I had my discman with me though or I'd havew gone mad! :eek:
    if you want to grab a pint after a lecture in trinity you're nipping across the road. if you want to do the same in ucd you'll need a sleeping bag, a rucksack, food, skis, flares (incase you get lost) and whatever else you generally need when you're going on an expedition in the hills. oh, and the old dear's micra.
    Emmm....no you just walk to one of the three pubs on campus, sit down and have a pint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

sad bastards jesus, dont know why people are too retarded to study at home. 'WEH WEH DISTRACTIONS' get some ****ing willpower like

I don't study at home because I can't - I live in a Bungalow, so even if I go into my bedroom and close the door I can still hear everything happenning in the house. I would if my family would all just clear off for the next few months, but thats not going to happen! Even if they are all asleep though I still can't seem to concentrate at home, seriously I would rather queue for an hour and a half and then get 8 hours good study done, then get 9 and a half hours bad study done. Thats just me I suppose...but I can assure you it's not because I'm too "retarded" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

blondie83 wrote:
    seriously I would rather queue for an hour and a half and then get 8 hours good study done, then get 9 and a half hours bad study done.

8 hours? :eek: :eek: :eek: I am soooo glad I did arts. :cool:

I wish it was just 8 :D . I was working from about 10:30 am yesterday right through untill about 4am this morning! Took about an hour altogether for travel and dinner (had lunch at desk), and spent 1 and a half hours waiting in the queue. So that makes 15 hours pure study I did yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

blondie83 wrote:
    I wish it was just 8 :D . I was working from about 10:30 am yesterday right through untill about 4am this morning! Took about an hour altogether for travel and dinner (had lunch at desk), and spent 1 and a half hours waiting in the queue. So that makes 15 hours pure study I did yesterday!

Scary!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Any thoughts but that Arts is the course for me have instantly vanished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

if youve ever done 8 hours study in a row in your life then yes blondie83 youre retarded, sorry but its true :/

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

blondie83 wrote:

15 hours? I'm not sure if I've even done 15 minutes. (I'm being serious)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I don't think my brain could function for 15 hours of studying.

• Advertisement

Agreed - I did 3 hours last night when I realised I had an exam today and I was proud of myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

good jesus! i can't study for more than two hours at a time - my brain just stops functioning. and i can't take in more than about five hours' information in a day. it just stops sticking in my head. i've never got lower than a 2.1 in an exam either, so i must be doing something right..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

There's no physical way I could study that much, I'm finding it so hard to motivate myself to do more than 2 or 3 hours a day. Stupid distractions...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i find in the library i actually need to sit in specific seats and i also need to be far away from distractions like the door, the stairs etc. only then can i do any work as i can't settle down at home either! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I actually work better at home, in my room which has my computer, TV, GameCube, music and stuff than I do in the library. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Blut wrote:
    sad bastards jesus, dont know why people are too retarded to study at home. 'WEH WEH DISTRACTIONS' get some ****ing willpower like

word :cool:

I don't think my brain could function for 15 hours of studying.
    Well I did have a break of an hour and a half in the middle of it! :D Yeah 15 hours in 1 day is a lot to do, but these are my finals and I want to do as well as I can, so I'm literally throwing everything I've got at it. :)

blondie83 wrote:
    Well I did have a break of an hour and a half in the middle of it! :D Yeah 15 hours in 1 day is a lot to do, but these are my finals and I want to do as well as I can, so I'm literally throwing everything I've got at it. :)
    Why would you leave youself in final year in a position that you have to do 15 hours a day coming up to the exams?

Its just the way that things worked out - and its not just me! We've had an awful lot to do this year. I've been in till ten o clock at night a lot of the time, writing up report for labs, doing presentation on project, writing interim report on proj, Christmas exams, then getting the project finished, writing report on that, getting ADSP project finished, writing report on that...We really haven't had the chance to get any work done during the year, aside from just reading over the notes every now and again to try to understand them. We have 13 subjects this year too, which is a lot, although thankfully we got 3 of them over with at Christmas. :)

I think though that even if I had done a load of work earlier in the year I'd still be doing this now, cos there's always something else to learn - no one ever really goes into an elec eng exam with everything covered, there's just too much on the courses for that! I'm not complaining about it, sure its just how the course is :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement