Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bringing some Americans to a match over here

• 02-05-2005 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

Right, i've got a group of americans coming over next saturday (7th) until the following friday (13th) and they want to see a "soccer" match while they're over. I know the EL is on friday nights but i was wondering if there are going to be any other matches happening over these few days in dublin.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Bring em to a match up the north ;) They will love that :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

They could also be interested in a rugby match; Leinster are playing Munster in the Celtic League semi-final in Landsdowne Road next Sunday @ 5.30pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

bruachain wrote:
    They could also be interested in a rugby match; Leinster are playing Munster in the Celtic League semi-final in Landsdowne Road next Sunday @ 5.30pm.

The pope be doing well to get tickets to that.

SERIES 8 - May 6/7
    Cork City v St. Patrick’s Athletic (Turner’s Cross)
    Derry City v Waterford United (Brandywell Stadium)
    Shamrock Rovers v Bray Wanderers (Dalymount Park)
    U.C.D. v Bohemians (Belfield Park)
    Shelbourne v Finn Harps (Tolka Park)
    Longford Town v Drogheda United (Flancare Park)

This weeks fixtures, if they football fans take em to Shels if they have no clue about anything take em to Rovers :D Stay away from Belfield!!!!!

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Unfortunately the 6/7th is a no-go. Are there any mid-week matches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sit them down in front of Arsenal - Liverpool. That give them an educayshun.

Mike.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

We're not completely ignorant of rugby, futbol, soccer etc... we do have ESPN Mike...
    Sometimes I do wonder about you, really I do ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

BEAT wrote:
    We're not completely ignorant of rugby, futbol, soccer etc... we do have ESPN Mike...
    Sometimes I do wonder about you, really I do ;)

ESPN being an American channel has let me guess American comentators , that can't be good .

Big Ears wrote:
    ESPN being an American channel has let me guess American comentators , that can't be good .

Fox Sports 12 or somfin have PL football in NY, its the oddest thing hearing them commentating, you dont know whether to laugh or cry.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Actually AFAIK ESPN have Tommie Smith commentating for them on English soccer. He's originally from Co Louth I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Big Ears wrote:
    ESPN Asia use live SKy SPorts commentary! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

bruachain wrote:
    Actually AFAIK ESPN have Tommie Smith commentating for them on English soccer. He's originally from Co Louth I think!

And apparently the worst commentator ever to grace the American screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

KdjaC wrote:

This weeks fixtures, if they football fans take em to Shels if they have no clue about anything take em to Rovers :D Stay away from Belfield!!!!!

kdjac
    :eek:
    Is that a mirage before me?

A Pat's fan praising Shels.

Wonders will never cease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Hehe, sit them down to "Boston Goals" on Soccer AM on Saturday morning, they'll feel at home !

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=boston-goals

So damn funny!

I was in Chicago watching the United-Bayern friendly that was on just down the road during the summer, and as someone ran up to attempt a 35 yard strike the commentator just shouted "VINTAGE!" (I'm pretty sure the ball visited row Z). I honestly laughed at that for the remaining 2 weeks of the holiday!

seansouth wrote:
    :eek:
    Is that a mirage before me?

A Pat's fan praising Shels.

Wonders will never cease.

If you seen what we did to Finn Harps with our 11 minutes of attacking fluent passing football , god help them against you.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

KdjaC wrote:
    attacking fluent passing football
    Have you watched us this season?

Long ball for the most part.

That and lucky goals that probably didn't cross the line. :D

seansouth wrote:
    Have you watched us this season?

Long ball for the most part.

That and lucky goals that probably didn't cross the line. :D

Yup seen your keeper simulating a fair shoulder and going down like he was shot and the resulting goal disallowed.

simulatiing works both ways eh?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭rovingrover

No way the rugby will be even half full not to mind sellout.

Other option is a trip to Belfast on Tuesday for the Setanta Cup - Linfield v Longford. No other games that I'm aware of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Hehe, sit them down to "Boston Goals" on Soccer AM on Saturday morning, they'll feel at home !

always good to see how the Pilgrims are doing :D

it's one of my favourite bits of Soccer AM

Advertisement