Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broad Band - what do I need to surf ?

• 02-05-2005 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi guys, once again me, I searched the forums but I cannot find that answer (sorry if its somewhere here gimme the link then and close/delete topic, but its really hard to be absolutely sure because there are too many posts).

2 questions:

1)
    I wonder what do I need to use internet through IBB.
    I mean how does it look ?
    They put an antenna onto my chimney/roof etc. and then goes a cable into my room - how do I connect this cable into PC ?
    Do I need some wireless card or what ?
    I do not have PCMCIA in my laptop so i think it may be hard to get a wireless network adaptor if its necessary :(
    Maybe they use some kind of modem/router and cable with rj45 ?

2)
    How to share IBB ? Just gimme name of device what I need and Im gonna search google by myself to not waste your time :)
    Just need to share it over 2 laptops and 1 desktop PC (rj45 lan adaptors available and usb ports).

Thanx in advance, I'll be happy if I can know the answers :)

Comments

Advertisement