Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

british sea power

• 02-05-2005 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

anyone into them?

the decline of... was one of my most listened to albums for ages. open season is really growing on me as well.

they are supposed to be great live, playing in cork soon too. (so i presume dublin as well?)

can't wait to see them......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Oooh, when in Cork and where ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

cypress avenue (over old oak) at the start of june. think its june 6th. tickets from old oak and pluggd records.

in fairness to cypress av., they are getting in some decent acts of late. go! team were great a few weeks back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

They are great but unfotunatly their dublin gig is the same night as the la's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

They are great but unfotunatly their dublin gig is the same night as the la's
    Its the same night in Cork too but the gigs are being staggered so you can watch the La's then head to Cypress Avenue and watch British Sea Power, all in one ticket for €30, isn't Cork great biy! Sons and Daughters are supporting British Sea Power, they're supposed to be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I probably won't be here for the gig in June but I fully endorse anyone's endeavours to attend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

they are playing in the village on june 6th and been supported by sons and daughters (whom i love)

they only bad thing is the kills are on the same night so im really torn between the two

aghhhhhhhhh :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

comet wrote:
    Its the same night in Cork too but the gigs are being staggered so you can watch the La's then head to Cypress Avenue and watch British Sea Power, all in one ticket for €30, isn't Cork great biy! Sons and Daughters are supporting British Sea Power, they're supposed to be good.

I have The Decline of British Sea Power, and I'm not a major fan I have to say. Sons and Daughters are great though. I saw them live in Whelans back in December last and they were ace. They were formed from Arab Strap as far as I recall and there is a connection to David Kitt. I think their drummer used to play with him or something.

Anyway, David Kitt was standing in front of me for the gig in Whelans and he was bobbing quite unusually. I thought he was some pilled up wierdo until he turned around :p

Another good (well I think they're good anyway) Scottish band are Mull Historical Society. Check out Watching Xanadu and Barcode Bypass (both from the album called 'Loss').

Advertisement