Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ribena 95%

• 02-05-2005 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭

Seen some of the ads lately, saying 95% of the blackcurrents are
    - Irish
    - English
    - English and Irish

Depends where you see the ad, as to where the blackcurrents are from.

Whats the deal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It says that "95% of Irish blackcurrants go into Ribena" not that 95% of Ribena's blackcurrants are from Ireland.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

95% of english ones as well, seems a nice roundy figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭JDxtra

seamus wrote:
    It says that "95% of Irish blackcurrants go into Ribena" not that 95% of Ribena's blackcurrants are from Ireland.

:)

I guess this is implying that of all the blackcurrants harvested in Ireland - Ribena purchase and use 95% of them. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

jdempsey wrote:
    I guess this is implying that of all the blackcurrants harvested in Ireland - Ribena purchase and use 95% of them. :eek:

That's assuming you believe they actually BUY the blackcurrants as opposed to just breaking into the farm-type places late at night, breaking the farmer-type person's legs and stealing all the blackcurrants. They may even have mob connections!!! Besides, that statistic says nothing about what other additives go into the drink. The statistic could be used for misinformation and confusion... Let me know what you think because I enjoy conspiracy theories...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Ribena uses 80% of the annual UK blackcurrant crop

Seems the Aussies are out of date stat wise, or maybe havent been briefed on the new agressive marketing campaign.

- http://www.ribena.com.au/taste_nutrition/facts-figures.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Theres very little juice in ribena. Tesco high fruit blackcurrant is far better, I think it is 35% bc juice. Think ribena is 6% or less

Advertisement