Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is better Xbox Or PS2 ??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

magick wrote:
    yup i agree

personally i prefer Salt and vinegar

jesus you are lame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Kazaanova wrote:
    You can play imported games for one. Then theres Xbox Media Centre, a download that you store on your harddrive, and that lets you play anything you can play on your PC on your Xbox, which is great when your Xbox is connected to a nice big television. The Xbox comes with a 4 gigabyte harddrive, which can store a lot, but if you have a chance I'd recommend getting a new harddrive put in. The great thing about that is, you can copy your entire Xbox library to your harddrive. Then you have a menu of all your favorite Xbox games, and you just scroll through them and pick one. Finished the game? Go back to the menu and pick another. No getting up, no finding the case, no scratching the DVD. The bigger the harddrive, the more games you can put on it. A standard game is 3 about gigs. I've never read about this, but I'm pretty sure that games load a lot faster when they're stored on the harddrive. Then theres emulators you can put on, and a load more other things because theres a great community on the internet for it.

You know, I have to wonder, why didn't Microsoft just embrace harddrive gaming? They could of fought piracy with some kind of advanced CD checking. I know it isn't that consumer friendly, but they should of at least given the option of a more expensive unit with a bigger harddrive. I think the two benefits of lightning fast loading times, and having a catalogue of 30 games accessible from just a controller alone would of been worth it.

I heard moding bans you from xbox live, is this true?, for example I heard you dont even need to to mod just change the size of your HD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

If you go on Live with your modchip turned on it will ban you. When you first sign onto live it record your eeprom and the harddrive serial. So if you change the HDD after this has happened you will be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

So do what I'm doing at the moment.Upgrade the Hard Drive before going live.
    Hmmm...200gigs of gaming bliss. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Ah that's it you see, there's only steers and queers live in Michigan.
    You got a pair of horns?

You're talking about Wisconsin the next thing to hell. Then there's the land of Fruits, Nuts, and Flakes (California), the land of old people ( Florida).

Curse you Irish for getting such good land!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Gizzard:
    omg, well xbox is better technically no doubt about that, however with Xbox 2 or 360 or whatever its called just around the corner I would not bother wasthing money on the xbox 1, ps2 is cheap and has some brilliant games which are also heavely discounted, gamecube is better then both of em In my opinion but games are more expensive and much much less of them, there is only about a dozen worth buying that are exclusive and wyou will be constantly dissapointed witht the big games not coming out for it, gta? anyone (even thought they would be amazing). Buy the PS2 God of war bundle when its out in June, if you must play KOTR and HAlo play it on the PC not xbox. Oh wait I forgot about RE4 on the gamecube, thats reason enough to go with the cube imo, oh and metariod much better then halo any day

In other words go for the one that suits u best,or if u have the cash buy all 3!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

magick wrote:
    In other words go for the one that suits u best,or if u have the cash buy all 3!

Eh, no If you don't have the cash rob someone and then buy all 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Xbox is better, no wait, PS2. No no, I mean Xbox. :p
    Go go gadget Gamecube. lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I've a PS2 and i've loads of complaints. I've gone through 1 already due to a faulty laser that was more expensive to replace than to buy a new PS2 and my less than a year old PS2 sounds like a turbine when using CDs and seems to be on the way out as well.
    If your laser is on its way out ye should look into getting a harddrive for your PS2, it's quicken up in-game loading times too(and will ensure youre discs stay in mint condition:))

It'll cost about e100 altogether I think, but it's definitely worth it(it'll play imports without modding too!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Between the XBox and PS2, I'd go for the pissy2!

It has way more games 'you'd probably love' like FF, GT, GTA, MGS etc plus it has loads of wierd Japanese games ye'd probably love too, eg horse racing sims, Tokyo Bus Driver and dating nonsense.

More importantly it has some of the best games of the past few years... out of all the popular DC games that were brought to the XBox and PS2, Rez is still the best. [ the Xbox verions of JSR/etc were pretty lame]

It also has lots of shumps like GradiusV, R-Type Final, and even Neo-Contra...

and of course Katamari Damacy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can you PM me details on the hard disk. It's getting really annoying. I'm afraid to play the excellent Gradius V because the PS2 sounds like it's about to take off down a run way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

This thread had war written all over it but surprisingly its kept fairly cool.

Personally myself Xbox over PS2 any day of the week. Its all to do with personal preference and want though. I've modded mine and its now working as a complete media center, fantastic piece of equipment. Plus all the games that I want are out on both PS2 and XB so the better graphics and sound on the XB makes me happier.

But it depends on weather or not the exclusives are what you want, which exclusives do you want to play? I wanted Halo and Halo2 but others will want Gran Tourismo!

Ignoring the games and anything else hardware wise the XB is a much better system. But as I said it depends of what your looking for?

Advertisement