Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else score from a corner kick ?

Options
  • 02-05-2005 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭

hey lads,

I've just scored my first corner kick (with Zola) in the master league!!! chuffed! :D:D

Anyone score regular ones, ie every few games ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Do you mean directly? As in the corner going straight in?
    Then just the once, with Sylvinho in the ML.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭mada999

yeah directly from the corner !!! sweet Stephen Staunton style....!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,536 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

could do it no bother in pes3, i was the king at free kicks too. truly suck at both on pes4 though - just can't get the hang of free kicks unless i can simply smash them into the corner goal keeper side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

hit the bar a couple of times and had the keper tip over but thats just law of averages. anytime i try to curl it in using the anolog tstick it usually f*cks up and i look a tool and have wasted a goal scoring chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭mada999

i didn't even use the analog stick, zola is a legend!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

I got it three times in training. Aim so that the corner flag is a (tiny) fraction outside the half way line on the radar, hold up (not using left/right to curl it funnily enough, but that's what worked for me), and hold circle up to two clicks below half way on the power bar. When that worked each time it went over the keeper (who ran aimlessly towards the ball without jumping to catch it) and in off the bottom of the far post. I also got a good few from defenders coming in and heading it into their own top corner. It's not a reliable source of goals by any means though, 99% of the time it goes wide/off the bar or keeper deals with it.

Incidentally, does anyone have a reliable way of scoring from corners? I find it impossible to keep headers down, tried using X but it's too weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Keep the cross low and to the near post.
    I usually fill the bar around a quarter, hold R1 and curl it in. Try it out in practice and you'll get to know how much to fill the bar.
    It also stops the keeper coming out and nabbing it in the air.
    It's working pretty well for me atm. I've got Maldini on 11 goals so far in his first master league season :D

Never actually scored from a cornour, got to try that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I seem to score an awful lot of corners

I tap O twice and get the bar to bang on half way. Directing the header across the keeper seems to be most effective. Timing the header is also key.

Wish I could score from bloody free kicks though :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jack1990

I scored one once with Pires

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

i scored one with robbie carlos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I've been trying and I 'think' I'm getting closer!

try both inswinging and outswinging [in the hope of getting a og!] but inswinging always seems to be a tad over hit and just misses the far post stanction.

Advertisement