Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adriano

• 02-05-2005 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Where do you think he will be playing next season?

Bannor any ideas?

These Chelsea rumours keep persisting. Such a shame if he did go to Chelsea, I much prefer him on the continent in Italy or Spain but if he did go to Chelsea, they would be ridiculously unstoppable. He would be the perfect striker for them. My god he would.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think he will go to Real Madrid, they have the history, they have the re-building idea, they will be spending more than Chelsea will be this summer, and they have the rep and the quality players to bring him to Real.

Chelsea on the other hand, while they have the future goals, and the young squad, they are in england.
    Brazilian players are a rarity in England for a reason

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Brazilian players are a rarity in England for a reason

And that reason being that the weather is usually **** and half of england is a dump. Just why ronalidhino didnt go to utd.

Chelsea are in London the most fashionable place there so i wouldnt bet against it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh thats the point, the weather is ****e here.
    London weather aint much better :)

If you've ever been to Spain you see the lifestyle difference.
    Madrid is a heaven when compared to London, and Adriano after being in Milan for the last couple of years i'd imagine would like to get out of an industrial hell hole :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Industrial my ass. Milan fashion capital of europe along with paris of course. Plus its fecking milan one of the most beautiful cities in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

jank wrote:
    Industrial my ass. Milan fashion capital of europe along with paris of course. Plus its fecking milan one of the most beautiful cities in the world

Was in Milan working a few times and most of the city looks terrible....hate the sight of the place...ok the fashion street's might be ok but apart from that its a kip....great Stadium thou!!!

Think he will end up At Real if he moves at all...cant see him going to England because of the weather.....2 wet for Brazilian players....mind you its just because of the summers in Spain......teh winters in madrid is very cold....I was there is Jan and it was brutal....again thought a great stadium,......

His style of play would actually suit the PL....compared to say Ronaldo who is suited to Spain/Italy...>Adriano is a tall bustling centre forward......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

cheesedude wrote:
    but if he did go to Chelsea, they would be ridiculously unstoppable. He would be the perfect striker for them. My god he would.
    I thought the same about Hernan Crespo. I thought he would annihilate the Premiership.

Just goes to show that anyone can fail I guess, especially when changing leagues, countries and cultures. Just goes to show paying €50m (or more?) for one player is a risky business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

DapperGent wrote:
    I thought the same about Hernan Crespo. I thought he would annihilate the Premiership.

Just goes to show that anyone can fail I guess, especially when changing leagues, countries and cultures. Just goes to show paying €50m (or more?) for one player is a risky business.

What they pay for Crespo? 16mil....I would say they will get most of that back...Veron is a different story.....waste of alot of money and I cant see Inter giving Chelsea much for him...10 mil max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

They'll only get it back because he's had a fantastic season at Milan which is lucky enough in itself given how shot his confidence must have been when he got there. I dunno how much they'll get back no matter how well he's played Milan can negotiate from a position of strength, they know Chelsea don't want him and don't need a transfer fee.

If Inter offered even close to £10m for Veron, Peter Kenyon would jizz himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

DapperGent wrote:
    They'll only get it back because he's had a fantastic season at Milan which is lucky enough in itself given how shot his confidence must have been when he got there. I dunno how much they'll get back no matter how well he's played Milan can negotiate from a position of strength, they know Chelsea don't want him and don't need a transfer fee.
    We say this all the time on this forum but Crespo actually had a decent season last year. Only for injuries he would have done even better. He's the type of player that will get you a goal whether he's playing badly or not.

http://stats.premierleague.com

Appearances: 19
    Starts: 13
    Minutes on pitch: 1197
    Subs. (on/off): 6/7
    Assists: 0
    Caught offside: 18
    Goals: 10
    Shots on goal: 21
    Shots/goal: 2.10
    Minutes per goal: 120mins
    Avg goals/game: 0.53
    Pens taken/scored: 0/0

Drogba:
    Goals: 10
    Shots on goal: 32
    Shots/goal: 3.56
    Minutes per goal: 170mins
    Avg goals/game: 0.38

Anyway, back on topic. Adriano will be at Inter next season. :) Convert a quarter of their draws into wins and they'd be up there with Milan and Juve this season.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The sensible anwer would be Inter, but this is Inter we're talking about, so sense goes out the window. They'll sell him to Milan in exchange for Crespo, who Milan will pick up for a song from Chelsea then hawk him to Inter along with one of their useless squad players and three million euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

he should stay at inter, if they shore up their defense they'll have a good chance for the scudetto next year
    milan is a shabby city in places but there are nice villages around milan, u don't have to live in the city...
    yeah, the san siro is class alright, best in europe!
    Forza Milan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Adriano great player, but one gripe he has a heavy touch (seen it more than once) but unlike other strikers seems to get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Crespo is 30 a natural poacher, Adriano is 23 and heading towards the complete centre forward type player (RVN and Shev class of player)

As i said before if Chelsea want him they will get him, Inter will have no option but to sell.

/heh i was right about Crespo and Mutu in PL nah nah nah nah nah.....

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hope Bannor can update us some more on the situation. I really would be so annoyed if Chelsea bought this guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I can see him going to Chelsea, if he wants to win the CL, he'd goto Chelsea rather than Real.

And Crespo far from failed in the premiership as Eirebhoy pointed out, his goals ratio was actually pretty incredible, he just kept getting injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The problem with crespo in the premiership is that if you look at the games he scored in they were pretty much all against ****e teams. Never performed at all against decent premiership opposition.

He got a cracker against Arsenal, and ofc two against Man U this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Crespo is a great striker, but he never settled in Eng, he whinged far too much and Claudio couldn't handle him at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Looking at the Vieri-Martins partnership against Cagliari today Inter would probably be better off selling Adriano and strengthening in other areas. They are a lethal partnership.

Martins is very very under rated imo, real class act and still very young.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

eirebhoy wrote:
    Looking at the Vieri-Martins partnership against Cagliari today Inter would probably be better off selling Adriano and strengthening in other areas. They are a lethal partnership.

I think Vieri turns 33 this summer. It'd be better to keep Adriano as he'd be a natural successor to Vieri. Martins is a quality player alright.

Advertisement