Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where can I get a Cossie tuned

Options
  • 02-05-2005 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

That's about it.I need someone who can tune a Cosworth.It's modified,so it's gotta be someone who knows their stuff.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

where u at i know a good place,does everthing,hes sorted out many a s..t job from other half ass garages ;) hes near mondello

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Tipp.Going to Mondello doesn't bother me at all.Once he knows about Cossies and does a good job with them is all I'm after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

send the car to england to a place calle drayland there probably one of the bas cossie tunners out there

Thanks for your help

There's a few in England I was thinking of,alright ,but was hoping to avoid having to bring it over there.Talking to a guy last night,and he reckons he knows someone that can do the job right, over here. I'll try and get in contact with him, and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Martin Tracey - Westward Precision Engineering Ltd. - Enfield Co. Meath

http://www.westwardeng.com/

We used to organise Rolling road days in Westward through a site a ran a few years back. They know their stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

What do you want done?
    Injectors,headwork, cams,bigger turbo,remapped etc
    There is a lot of mods from mild to wild that can be done to a cosworth engine,as vevex you could go to martin tracey and he does know his stuff,but you have to dismantle the engine and give the head if thats want you want done,he doesn't offer a drive in and out service were track day performance do and i have heard very good things about them.

www.westwardeng.com

www.trackdayperformance.com

Gary

The car is already modded.It's got 803's a T34 Hybrid,3 Bar MAP sensor and chip.The reason I need to have it looked at is that after some hard driving,the turbo glows red, along with the exhaust manifold :eek: . The guy I bought the car from said that it was de tuned because of an engine rebuild,and now it needs a tune back up.

trackday performance sounds more to my suiting, as an in and out the same day would be more what I'm after.

Sounds quick,should be pushing about 350 bhp when tuned right?
    I hope to have a cosworth of some variation some day my self.
    Martin in westward will offer a drive in and out service for mapping/tuning it's just that he wont store a car if it needs engine work.
    Gary

It's pretty quick alright.As you say,it should be around 350 when tuned.I'll get in contact with some of those guys and see how I get on. Thanks for all your help everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

Martin Tracey also owns and runs his own cossie (I think?) so maybe he would have more knowledge about them, but the work I have seen of trackday has been very good.

• Advertisement

Thats right martin has a sierra cosworth,not sure what it's running tough.
    he also has a 200bhp 1.9TDi golf.

Jabba let me know how you get on,as i may need someone to map an rs turbo for me soon.

Gary.

No problems, will do Cosworth

Advertisement