Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange info :/

• 03-05-2005 8:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

http://broadband.gov.ie/

Says that DSL is available, and I checked a few 056 86xxxxx numbers (from the phone book) on eircom's DSL checker, and it's ready to go. Perhaps you're not actually in Athy? ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Are you actually connected to the Athy exchange though?

Stick your number in here: http://www.smarttelecom.ie/products/broadband/step1.htm

It'll tell you what exchange you're on.

If you're on the Athy exchange, and 8km away, your chances of DSL are slim to none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Would still be pushing it.

Gonna move this to Broadband, you may get better feedback there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

I live 500 metres from the centre of Athy as the crow flies, but am not on the real "Athy" exchange (even though Eircom's own website tells me I am). My exchange is not enabled, and last time I asked was not expected to be enabled any time in the next year.

Don't hold your breath, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

as far as i know, ADSL2+ would be available to you at that distance, meaning if Smart are coming to that exchange, your best bet may be to go with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,143 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

my dad owned the cinema down in athy - but no one went to it so we had to shut it.... i hope you never get a good broadband connection! :D

kidding really and i promise not to go so off topic again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,143 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

KRG_Ac_Ire wrote:
    The grove :)

I Saw jurrasic park there when i was a kid ^^
    that would be it - i spent my easter holidays cleaning the damned place! watched jurassic park on dvd last night, still a quality movie, shame about the sequels :mad: :rolleyes:

Advertisement