Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 03-05-2005 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Go on the town, what does everyone think??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eyebrows

hoops hoops bar the army.

wont ya tell all the boy's ya know, Garry Hailock is better than Glen Crow :D

Best town in Ireland (not full of scumbags at all)

Black and white army, black and white army, The Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Well, my good mate Pighead is from the town, and he was getting a bit of a slagging about it from the dubs... Anyway, after a few minutes he said "**** the town, I'm not from Dundalk, I'm from Dublin now."

I went to Dundalk IT, and loved the town, but this lack of faith in the place you are from disturbs me. Are all people from Dundalk (maybe even Louth) that disloyal to their home?!?!

If you don't believe me about this, you can PM Pighead and ask him, but I did have witnesses.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?userid=39578

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Hmmmm, do I see some fellow DFC fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Kernel wrote:
    Well, my good mate Pighead is from the town, and he was getting a bit of a slagging about it from the dubs... Anyway, after a few minutes he said "**** the town, I'm not from Dundalk, I'm from Dublin now."

I went to Dundalk IT, and loved the town, but this lack of faith in the place you are from disturbs me. Are all people from Dundalk (maybe even Louth) that disloyal to their home?!?!

If you don't believe me about this, you can PM Pighead and ask him, but I did have witnesses.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?userid=39578

Utter Tripe!
    Total Heresay!
    Pointless Prattle
    I love the town
    I hate kernel
    End Of Story

Pighead wrote:
    Utter Tripe!
    Total Heresay!
    Pointless Prattle
    I love the town
    I hate kernel
    End Of Story

Come on piglet, you know that you said it. Why do you hate Dundalk, and Mullacrew the little village you come from? Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

What do I think?

I think you need to give yourself an almighty lash, lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Needs a greater choice of venue to go out , was out last night and i had two night clubs to choose from , amber , ridleys

i know we have sky / vicars but just not my sort of place ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Scumdalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Father Jack

Sarge wrote:
    Needs a greater choice of venue to go out , was out last night and i had two night clubs to choose from , amber , ridleys

i know we have sky / vicars but just not my sort of place ;)

so what i understand from what you have said is we actually have 4 night clubs to choose from, not 2, its jus you couldnt be bothered goin out to some of them...

there is a greater choice of venues your the one with the problem...

Pighead said Dundalk was **** again last night, and that he wasn't from there anymore. And all because Dundalk didn't beat Athlone in a match. Tut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Actually Vicars isnt so bad these days.

I'm a Ridleys head myself but was in Vicars a few weeks ago and it's looking good. Bit bright and a fairly 58X crowd but certainly not what it used to be.

Amber just isn't even an option any more. Empty. Such a lifeless place.

Also, apparently there's a new "superpub" going into that place where dealgan print used to be on Francis Street. Here's hoping it's a 2:30 bar! God we need one of those.

so what i understand from what you have said is we actually have 4 night clubs to choose from, not 2, its jus you couldnt be bothered goin out to some of them...

there is a greater choice of venues your the one with the problem...

in all fairness sky is a bit of a scum hole. I was out there on saturday and one of my mates (it was his 18th) got bit on the ear. ffs.

I still be there next week though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Also, apparently there's a new "superpub" going into that place where dealgan print used to be on Francis Street. Here's hoping it's a 2:30 bar! God we need one of those.

A superpub you say? I hadn't heard. That'd be nice alright.

A 230 bar? I'm sure you are aware that there are MANY bars that stay open way later than that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Of course.

But a disco bar sort of thing would be nice.

But a disco bar sort of thing would be nice.

Moes is turning into a Disco Bar (i think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmcquaid

bopper wrote:
    Scumdalk
    what r u on about scumdalk crawl back under the rock ya came from and stay there ya clown

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I tend to get very defensive when the Dub's bad mouth Dundalk..

I would ratter be a culchie than a pikey!! I would ratter be a culchie than a pikey!! I would ratter be a culchie than a pikey!! I would ratter be a culchie than a pikey!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

cmcquaid wrote:
    what r u on about scumdalk crawl back under the rock ya came from and stay there ya clown

no thanks, I originally come from Drogheda and i would never crawl back to that hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

laceys on a sunday night still rules all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Agent7249

I have no idea what dundalk is like nor even the size of the place. I'll end up findin out about that soon enough but what I do want to know is if aiken barracks is in the town limits or outside it, i went for the curragh camp and didnt get in but was offered aiken barracks in dundalk, i just dunno where it is though lol. Also are there any good places to go out, what'r there like etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Aikens Barracks is on the edge of Dundalk but saying that its not far from the town centre. 10 minute walk. I've a few mates in the army there and they all head out together during their training. The stories I hear are crazy. I seriously considered joining up with the army and the advice that I was given is if you want to take it seriously and stick at it as a career(as opposed to the minimum 5 years service) then once you finish your training put in a transfer to a Dublin barracks, as that is where all the decent courses are held, i.e mechanic electronic. If you do that you won't have to really worry about the clubs here. Personally I hate them all and very rarely these days would you catch me in one but I'm sure if your out with a group of boys from the army it wouldn't matter where you went.

Ah excellent, cant wait to go, leavin tomorrow mornin. I plan on stickin it out, soon as my trainin's finished im puttin in for a transfer to the curragh, rangers/cadets courses there.

Will probably ask directions when i get there, I decided on gettin a bus there so should arrive at long walk bus station in the afternoon.

Is dundalk a biggish town? I mean the only things i can really compare it to are limerick, cork dublin galway and kildare. The latter being a street with 2-3 shops lol, the former being cities.

10 min walk isnt bad at all, thanks for that info and i guess yer right if ya go out in a bunch you'll have a laugh anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Suppose its a fairly big town, not as big as limerick. Its stretching out a bit, with new things opening outside the immediate town.

You'd not be stuck for things todo

It's got the highest teen pregnancy rate in Ireland, something we're very proud of

From the sounds of it its a great place so lol.

What'r the accents like, I mean are they like northerners or dubliners or dublin bogger hybrids lol. I should really have done a bit of research before i decided to go but meh, should be fun to go to a new place. :D

and whats the stuff i hear about people being ashamed of living there

Agent7249 wrote:
    Ah excellent, cant wait to go, leavin tomorrow mornin. I plan on stickin it out, soon as my trainin's finished im puttin in for a transfer to the curragh, rangers/cadets courses there.

Will probably ask directions when i get there, I decided on gettin a bus there so should arrive at long walk bus station in the afternoon.

Is dundalk a biggish town? I mean the only things i can really compare it to are limerick, cork dublin galway and kildare. The latter being a street with 2-3 shops lol, the former being cities.

10 min walk isnt bad at all, thanks for that info and i guess yer right if ya go out in a bunch you'll have a laugh anyway

Taxi rank just a bit up the road from bus station. Ask somebody when you get off the bus. Sisters bf starting tomorrow too. He's a bit of a wild one and a few of his mates are joining too. You'll have a mental time. Look for threads in this forum about Dundalk and you'll see what its like. Its been discussed before. Its "biggish" being 6th largest urban area in Ireland. Nothing too special about the place though

I don't know if it is the same for everyone when they hear their own accent on tv or radio but when I do hear the Dundalk accent I cringe. Beats the Drogheeddddda one anyday though. People say there is a bit of a Northern twang in it but I don't notice it.

You are from Limerick. Thats a corkish accent to me. Ah the piss will be ripped

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Check out http://dundealgan.blogspot.com/ to see whats been happening in teh TEWN.

Chav Dundalk accents are like "Dis Dat and DeOther" (This That and The Other)

Hello is replaced with "Weeeel"

Heh, its not too bad of a place to live, theres a good mix of people, so they're not all scangers.

Coxes and Muirhevnamor are estates you should generally stay clear of, Amber seems to be the choice among the hip young wans, with Ridleys Sunday night being good and the recently done up Vicars(Victims!) being another place to check out.

Aldi out the old newry road for cheap groceries/booze, or a trip to Newry itself for generally cheaper stuff(Quays/Buttercrane)

lol, spose it will be in one way or another but how and ever, seeing as how i neither say "boi", "like" etc. :D Maybe if I dont mention im from limerick haha
    Nice 6th, cant be too bad then. I should know them lads well after a few weeks seeing as how we'll be livin together, wonder if they know about the initiations by the other crowd :D

wouldnt make much of a difference for me if I bumped into any scangers, too used to em by now

www.irishmilitaryonline.com
    Gives a lot of good information on what to bring and also hints at some of the "initiations". Maybe you know of that site? I could well of been starting tomorrow too. Went for interview at end of March but pulled out and decided to finish college, get degree and go for cadets. Best of luck with it anyway

• Advertisement

Heh, was in college myself, dropped out though because its alot faster to go about getting into the cadets through the regulars rather than college. Kinda veering off towards applying for rangers though then going for cadets, will be tough goin but should be quite an interesting few years startin off

Advertisement