Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy first exam wh00t

Options
  • 03-05-2005 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

My first exam went great. what about the rest of you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Congrats!

Don't think anyone else's out & online yet afaik.
    Kas had 1 this morning, he should be out soon.

Congratulations, may the rest of them go just as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

You didn't have one today kit?

Nope!
    Good thing too, cuz i'm still at home in my dressing gown!
    Don't think the bus driver would've stopped for me!

Don't start til thurs & then fri & then a bit of a break.

Well anyway, here's to my next eleven exams :eek:

ELEVEN!?!
    Jesus man, what are you doing?

I have 4! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Mine was fine...things I gambled on came up, answered on the Plantations, Poynings Law and the Reformation in Ireland.

One down, eight to go :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Mine was sh*t... But then I expected that - the worst moment was just before we went in, and my mate said "God I hope Poyning's Law comes up, I know it so well"... I believe my exact response was "F**k. I'd forgotten that."

And, of course, it came up. B0ll0cks.

I left after an hour and a half. And I'd run out of stuff to write after an hour. But hey, at least my 100% record of being the first to leave my section of the exam hall remains undefeated!!!!

I was proudly wearin my England shirt today as I thought it would be an ironic choice of clothing for a course of Irish history. Nice touch eh? :D

P.S. I'm sad, I know. So don't bother pointing that out. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

What other questions did ya do, Seb?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Mine was...meh. One of the sections was nice, and one was very much not nice! I think its gonna be a 60% job or something along those lines - coulda been better, coulda been worse, no point thinking about them now anyway, got to focus on the next one now! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I done the 2nd year history today too... I could kiss Tom Bartlett!! The war in society question was just perfect. BTW, don't tell Bartlett.

OLD AND PROUD!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

like Vainglory i gambled and only studied 2 questions for my history exam.....both of which came up :D
    documents question was sooo waffly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

blondie83 wrote:
    Mine was...meh. One of the sections was nice, and one was very much not nice! I think its gonna be a 60% job or something along those lines - coulda been better, coulda been worse, no point thinking about them now anyway, got to focus on the next one now! :cool:

thought it was bit of a bastard myself, i'd say i'm in that 60% bracket as well. i was hoping to do really well in C.S.

As i'm writing this, i realise i don't know what my next exam is, just that it's on saturday morning. I should probably look into that...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Had my first philosophy exam today. I actually did alot better than I thought I would. I stayed until the end as well and I gave it my best. Out of the four questions, I answered two very well but the other two were average at best but hopefully it will be enough to help me scrape a pass. A big thank you to blondie83 whose advice on the exam situation earlier really helped me out. Cheers.

PS I did end up sitting beside two very nice looking ladies but sadly they finsihed before I did. :( They missed out on hearing my great line, are you ready - "So, how did the exam go"? Oh how smitten they would have been... ;)

Anyway one exam down. Bring on Thursday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

One down seven to go :)

But philosophy 1 was what I was most prepared for and I still didn't do all that great. Damn

Oh sweet jesus...

Politics 1 this mornin. Wrote 1 paragraph (impressive as I know f**k all about this course) and then handed in my paper after 30 minutes, convinced that I had done the same last year...

Thing is...

YOU AREN'T ALLOWED LEAVE UNTIL AN HOUR HAS PASSED! F**k. :D

The Invigilators musta been sh*te last yr, I swear I left all my exams after half an hour. But anyway, I'd already handed in my paper, so they let me hang around in the invigilator's office thing. I... Am... A... Dumbass. :o

Anyway, I realised it was better that way. I preferred sittin there, listenin to my discman, not a bother on me, to f**kin sittin there like a lemon in the exam hall waitin for the hour to come up.

Incidentally, not only am not a stupid fresher who's mistake could be excused on the basis that this is the first time I'd done UCD exams, being a 2nd year as I am, but I also repeated last year, so I've actually done this twice already anyway. Such an Idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Why don't they let you leave at anytime?

I understand it might be distracting if you have people leaving their seats every few minutes but if they let you as far as the office then that's happening anyway, no?

1 simple reason:

People are still allowed in if they're 15 mins late right? And apparently, according to the head invigilator guy I spoke to, in exceptional circumstances they can be allowed in after half an hour.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that someone could leave after 15 mins and tell the person who's "late" what's on the paper and how to do it... I call it genius, unfortunately the university takes a dim view of it :D

I'm proud that my 100% record of being the first to leave my course exams. Long may the run continue! Indeed, today I was the first in the whole f**kin hall to leave. Not bad.

Question to self: Why in the name of all that is holier than Ratzinger did I bother coming in today?! I could've had a nice snooze ffs :rolleyes:

2nd one went weel too. But the hard ones don't start til next week. Mechanical engineering btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

SebtheBum wrote:
    1 simple reason:

People are still allowed in if they're 15 mins late right? And apparently, according to the head invigilator guy I spoke to, in exceptional circumstances they can be allowed in after half an hour.

Whoa! - I was 25 mins late yesterday (I found myself at cycling pastTrinity at 9:30 :rolleyes:). I'm lucky they let me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

In the talk the invigilator guy gave to us ickle 1st years he said that he'd let you in if you were late. The security guys are told not to but if you go and ask for him he'd let you in. He seemed sound, said he'd let you do the exam if you turned up for a morning exam in the afternoon accidentally. But that the dept of the exam wouldnt have to accept it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Woooo! First exam over... thank god!

Had Geography paper 1 today. Piss easy paper but i made the major elementry schoolboy error of not properly studying for it. If I had studied I would have blitzed it with at least 90% but thanks to my laziness we are talking about 50-60% and this is the only exam I've prepared for! Its only going downhill from here on in.

Ummmmm what do i have tomorrow.... oh Scoiology 1. Frickin' great! 0% here we go! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Hehehe, I know Zane, when I saw the paper I could have kissed Joey B....aw sweet sweet waffling goodness.Now all I've to do is just prepare for the ol politics exam.....eep!Seb I feel your pain-and I'm thinking of keeping it up next year, d'oh!

Anyone got any essay plans for Marx, Mill and Aristotle that they'd like to share.....pleeeeeeeeease?You will be rewarded with shiney things.....

Good Luck all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I actually could have done alot better if it wasn't for this individual sitting on the desk directly behing me. This individual was kicking my chair, calling me names, spitting and was making unnessesary humming noises. I cant believe there are people like that in this day of age in UCD. What a total idiot this person was. I should have got Joey B to bash the brains out of this certain individual with the cycle helmet he brought in today!!!! ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The guy in the RDS is no fool but he's really sound. He let a mate of mine take a morning paper in the afternoon, I don't know whether or not they marked it. He's meant to be much sounder than that evil woman in the Blackrock Exam Centre, but i'm not sure about that.

Essay plans for Aristotle, Mill and Marx... haha good joke. So screwed for that! I'm only doing Mill and Aristotle, and I've cut that down to participation and values!
    trying to think of ways to help ya with it... but I really dont know either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

First Psychology paper 1 was horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

God I love not starting till next Wednesday! :D S'pose I'd better start studying at some point!!

How are you not starting until next wednesday? I thought I was quite late not starting until friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Because my timetable lists my first exam as being on Wednesday! :D

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

hmmm well English 1 wasn't as bad as I expected. Literally just read over stuff on the rain on the way in so had an ok idea. Good thing about English is the waffle-factor :D

screwed for Old and Middle English though :confused:

ah well....best of luck with the rest of them

Advertisement