Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy first exam wh00t

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

I actually could have done alot better if it wasn't for this individual sitting on the desk directly behing me. This individual was kicking my chair, calling me names, spitting and was making unnessesary humming noises. I cant believe there are people like that in this day of age in UCD. What a total idiot this person was. I should have got Joey B to bash the brains out of this certain individual with the cycle helmet he brought in today!!!! ;)

Yea she seemed like a right wagon...nothing like that bugger that was sitting in front of me though...jeez the smell, and the noise every 5 seconds letting rip....jeez...

ah I luv u really...

yea....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Essay plans for what aspect of Aristotle?

I'm cramming him at the moment for 2nd year Philosophy Paper 1 tomorrow, eep :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

First Psychology paper 1 was horrible.

No it wasn't!!!

History of Psy had a choice of 4 different people (do one).
    There were only 12 on the course and he picked them from 1800's to 1980 so it's not like he wasn't fair.

Perception was nice too - most leaving cert biology students could have answered the ear question and if you didn't like that then coulour perception theory was there (a tough topic but the question left it wide open to you).

The only hard part was the multiple choice which even if you knew the BB notes off my heart you still wouldn't be able to answer quite a few of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

You people are all arts students!?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Steveire wrote:

Roysh you are. ;)

• Advertisement

Steveire wrote:

All of us except Blondie, Red Alert and I'm not sure about Kirby, she smells like science ;) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Smells like science?
    EWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.......

Look at everyone study!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Truckle the mod is also a non arts student - himself, myself, Red Alert and theCzar are electronic engineering, Rainbow Kirby in maths physics, but changing course, Sangre is Law, breadmonkey is Commerce, Uberwolf is Science (I think!) and Tribulus is science. Everyone else is arts though afaik
    All of us except Blondie, Red Alert and I'm not sure about Kirby, she smells like science
    I can see that sentence coming back to haunt you when she gets online :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i think you might have meant tribulus for science blondie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I did - post duly edited!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

blondie83 wrote:
    Rainbow Kirby in maths physics, but changing course
    Correct. Come September, I'm going to be a nerdy little computer scientist. And poor from paying fees.

blondie83 wrote:
    I can see that sentence coming back to haunt you when she gets online :D

Right now I could do with something to take my mind off the 'xams - a good haunting :eek: sounds just the ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Arrrrrrrrrgh, I'm so screwed for 2nd year Philosophy 1 tomorrow...

Why does Hume have to be so complicated? If Liberty and Necessity/Miracles/possibly both don't come up then I might as well leave.

Anyone else doing that exam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Correct. Come September, I'm going to be a nerdy little computer scientist. And poor from paying fees.

Ah, I know the feeling I did that last year, stupid fees, spent my whole summer last year working to pay for it :/ bar like a teeny tiny holiday and then this summer I'm gonna have to work my ass off to pay for another stupid course I'm doing at the end of the summer-but it'll be worth it though...I hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've already got most of what I need for next year, it's the fees for when I'm in 3rd year again that are going to pwn me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

First exam tomorrow EU Law. 4 qs part A, do 2. And only 1 90 minute problem question on part B.... I just want this first exam out of the way.

5 exams and finished on 27th...sheesh..talk about drawing it out. Most people in my year have a 2 week gap before last exam (not me :( )
    Worst part is my whole year does so much work making you feel bad. Well, better get back to work...

Good luck everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I thought Social theory 3rd year was v hard but maybe cos i didn't bother studying :(

1 down 3 to go.
    Twasn't too bad.
    Would've done well if i'd done more that an hours studying all term i guess.
    Sigh!

Any such thing as a MOTIVATION pill?
    Seriously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

motivation pill... hmm... speed maybe? Lot's of motivation to pass your exams and then stay up all night doing the house work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Philosophy one and two out of the way-I did much,much better than I ever thought I would.Was writing until the end of both and though two of my answers were pretty watery in paper one only one had a high waffle factor in paper two. I might just pull this off,might!

• Advertisement

m1ke wrote:
    motivation pill... hmm... speed maybe? Lot's of motivation to pass your exams and then stay up all night doing the house work.

Speed, eh?
    House work, eh?
    Hmmmmmm........

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I would like to officially congratulate myself for failing a exam for the 1st time in my life.

1st Year Sociology 1 was the paper. I managed to answer the required 2 questions in a very dodgy manner from one section (Marx/alienation and Durkheim/suicide) but the other section.... ha ha ha! :D I attempted to answer a question about Priests importance to humans in Society or something like that. I wrote a waffley introduction and after the intro I wrote....... ''THE END'' and left the hall an hour early knowing that I am a complete failure. :) God I'm dreading doing that again in August :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Philosophy one and two out of the way-I did much,much better than I ever thought I would.Was writing until the end of both and though two of my answers were pretty watery in paper one only one had a high waffle factor in paper two. I might just pull this off,might!

Yeah I know what you mean. I was writing until the end too. Everything I went over last night came up today though leaving me very happy. :)
    Sadly, tomorrow is history which requires less waffle and more facts. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Yeah I know what you mean. I was writing until the end too. Everything I went over last night came up today though leaving me very happy. :)
    Sadly, tomorrow is history which requires less waffle and more facts. :o

Too true, the revolutions seems generally easy enough. The old reliable question about whether its down to skill or failures and of the course the question about whether the American rev. is actually a revolution. I think im getting a bit too confident though, ah well we'll see what happens I already feel like I have two papers under my belt I wont be repeating which can only be a good thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

kasintahan wrote:
    All of us except Blondie, Red Alert and I'm not sure about Kirby, she smells like science ;) .
    Don't forget me! Comp Sci :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Too true, the revolutions seems generally easy enough. The old reliable question about whether its down to skill or failures and of the course the question about whether the American rev. is actually a revolution. I think im getting a bit too confident though, ah well we'll see what happens I already feel like I have two papers under my belt I wont be repeating which can only be a good thing!

I'm kinda confident too and I dont like it since I havent covered that much. It should be quite a wide paper since there's 3 q's on each revolution! Come on terror in the french, and the causes of the american. I reckon causes might come up since he spent SO long doing the colonies. here's hoping anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Oh my god revolutions. I'm so unprepared I think I might cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

I would like to officially congratulate myself for failing a exam for the 1st time in my life.

1st Year Sociology 1 was the paper. I managed to answer the required 2 questions in a very dodgy manner from one section (Marx/alienation and Durkheim/suicide) but the other section.... ha ha ha! :D I attempted to answer a question about Priests importance to humans in Society or something like that. I wrote a waffley introduction and after the intro I wrote....... ''THE END'' and left the hall an hour early knowing that I am a complete failure. :) God I'm dreading doing that again in August :(

Congratulations! I think the same is in order for me. Along with many in my year, i successfully failed Mechanics of Materials.

What year and where are you doing elec eng?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Oh my god revolutions. I'm so unprepared I think I might cry.

You'll be fine. Altho they did change the course this year so... Good luck tryin to practice on past papers!!! :D I dunno why they changed it, the Paris Commune was my fave part of it, and the lecturer who took it was absolutely wicked...

Politics 2 tomorro. I'm gonna leave after an hour this time, I'm not makin the 30min mistake again... :rolleyes:

P.S. WTF am I gonna do for an hour??? Doodle? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I've been in denial about the fact that I even do history for at least the last four months.

Oh... tomorrow will not be a fun day.

Advertisement